Partsexpress 5.6" lcd!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partsexpress 5.6" lcd!

Theres a 5.6" ntsc lcd that costs about 160$ each or 150 each for 4! yeah!
    Free entrance to heaven? WOW! I DUN BELIEVE! JC!

bought one awhile ago, and creepa bought one too.

Comment

Yeah they are cool BUT the pcb is too big and the controls are a pain in the *** to adjust. I guess you get what you pay for.

Comment

what do you mean too big? for what?
        "I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar"

Comment

It's a module, hence, DO IT YOURSELF, which means you get the bare lcd screen with all the essentials but no case or llittle special knobs to adjust the contrast/color/brightness etc... big deal.

Comment

anyone have any comments on the quality of the screen? i am going to buy one of those. im going to run probably cobraII with a TV out from a pc to watch tv/dvd/mp3.

Comment

I think u will want CobraIII instead of CobraII.
              abcd-1
              Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
              You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

anyone have any comments on the quality of the screen???

Comment

I have had one for about a month now. The picture quality is good for DVD, TV, etc. It is difficult to see much when you have a Windows type screen on, as I am sure you could all guess.....

But I think it is sufficent quality for what I am doing, and for most anybody else, unless you want to type a letter or work on a spreadsheet in the car while you drive.

I have also run my GPS software on it and it is sufficent.

If you haven't bought one yet, there is a guy on eBay that had about 900 of them when I bought mine. I paid $140 I think. And since then I think I have seen an eBay store with the screen for $114.

I can't remember the guys name, he didn't leave me feedback so I can't even find it there. But do a search for 5.6" LCD and you should find them.

But I definately recommend the screens viewability.

Comment

Oh, wait I ment to ask a question about this screen.

Does anybody know how to adjust the picture size? If I hook it up to a TV or VCR the picture fills the whole screen. When I run it off the RCA out of the computer's video card it is a little smaller than the full screen and kinda shifted to the left. It is not loosing much of the viewable area, but when there is only 5.6" I kinda what to get every little bit out.

Is it a video driver issue?
                    Is it a MB adjustment?

FYI, my motherboard is the FV-25 and I am using the RCA out.

Comment

Adam F here on the forum had been at the partsexpress showroom he saw the 5.6 LCD module and he thought the picture was washy and fuzzy, and too bright.

Read more here:
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...rtsexpress+5.6

Do you think about it??
                      doesnīt Adam F have right or maybe it was some problem with the showroom copy??

Probably Iīm going to buy one of those...

Comment

I can see that partsexpress has two different LCD 5.6" VIDEO MODULEīs. Wish are we talking about??

Comment

Originally posted by markus00
                          Adam F here on the forum had been at the partsexpress showroom he saw the 5.6 LCD module and he thought the picture was washy and fuzzy, and too bright.

Read more here:
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...rtsexpress+5.6

Do you think about it??
                          doesnīt Adam F have right or maybe it was some problem with the showroom copy??

Probably Iīm going to buy one of those...

wow...that was a while ago...they had several screens hooked up to the same video source, and the bare bones 5.6 was DEFINETLY not as clear and vivid as the rest of them. And $160 for it is NOT a good deal...you can find a 5.6" lcd with casing, speakers, all the plugs and power supply for under $100...check www.etronics.com .......plus their customer service is AWFULL!!!!! To say the least, I am NEVER GOING TO SHOP THERE AGAIN.....I had a defective LCD mount, went to take it back and get a new one, they said I abused it (I did not, it simply broke into 2 peices, not trace of stress, clean brake) then the antenna broke into 2 peices when I raised it one day, the connectors on the TV tuner box were very flimsy, so I decided to return it, they charged me 15% restocking fee for a defective product, their website says 10%, I could go on and on but I wont....

Comment

thanks for the information!

wish LCD do should you bought if you was me and donīt want to spend more than $180?

Comment

I looked at the site www.etronics.com
                              But I donīt think they have shipping to Sweden...

Comment

Working...
                              X