Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Must See For Australians

Hey Guys

Just looking at jacar Electronics and look what i found for a good price with good warranty!!!

https://secure4.vivid-design.com.au/...6&SUBCATID=838

When it comes out im going to purchase one

Kind Regards
    Mo

how is this different than the super brand off ebay?
    RED 1999 ACURA INTEGRA GSR STOLEN -- CHICAGO 02/27/08
    VIN JH4DC2391XS002416
    PLATE ILLINOIS 5287412
    Team Integra Markings on Rear Quarterpanel Windows
    REPORT TO 911 IF FOUND

Comment

it is the super brand off ebay. The point is jaycar is a local australian supplier, the first i know of to sell a 7" VGA touchscreen

I was wondering when they would get around to stocking them. Price is a bit high though when you consider i got my 7" lilliput for AUD $350 delivered from hong kong...

local warranty would be nice though

Comment

it would be interesting to see what the trade price is on that.
        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Well i have not seen the ones on ebay yet!!! and on top of that i would spend a bit more and get a 12 month warranty not that B$@# S%$# 3 month warranty that you get on those lilliput from overseas!!! no offense the soundoff

Comment

they aren't the first to sell 7" vga TS in aus there is a shop in melb they sells 7" Xenars but its just cheaper to get one from armen (digitalww.com) with a flipout/motorised case.

Im sure they have these in stock already cause im pretty sure i noticed it was a touchscreen it was on display but the price was abit silly for me.

It would only be useful for someone who would mould it into the dash
            CarPC Status:
            GPS: 99%
            Hardware: 99%
            Software: 92%
            Case Install: 99.9%
            Dash Install: 100%
            Car Install: 72%

Comment

medler: Trade price at jaycar just gives you the next price bracket, so if your buying 1 screen $495.

masterlp: no offence taken mate. My lilliput has a 12 month warranty, but i have to ship it to hong kong at my cost. Like i said a local warranty would be nice.

NIN: We might be talking about different people, but the guy I know of in melbourne doesnt actually keep local stock, he just brings stuff in from hong kong as required. Which store are you referrring to?

Comment

not always true. I have got stuff cheaper than the next price bracket through my works electus account
                Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Soundoff i did not know that you can get 12 moths warranty with those screens last i checked thay only came with 3 months that is why i did not want to buy one at the time.

Regarding sending it back to hong kong well who cares if you have to spend $40 - $50 to send it back it's not like your sending it every day!!

where did you buy that liliput from because if it's a 12 month warranty then im interested in buying one

sorry guys it's been a while since i visted this page just been to busy but now trying to catch up

Comment

i don't remember the store but he has stock its a computer store that sells mods
                    CarPC Status:
                    GPS: 99%
                    Hardware: 99%
                    Software: 92%
                    Case Install: 99.9%
                    Dash Install: 100%
                    Car Install: 72%

Comment

Hi guys,

I work at Jaycar, they will be out around 17th october at this stage.

I will be trying one very soon after they come out, and most definately looking at all the supplied gear to compare it with my lilliput.

If anyone in Adelaide wants one, let me know via PM. I can look at doing different trade prices for all..

Also of interest, which isn't on the website AFAIK, is 2 new TV tuners.. 12v digital tuners.. mmmm

Anyhoo can't let too much out.. but they will be good when there here.

Cheers,

Tim.

Comment

Don't suppose there'll be an in-dash version, will there (motorized)?
                        A mate works for JayCar, so it would be great if I could get one from there.

Considering one with a Panasonic panel atm, because my mate bought the Lilliput one (like the one DigitalWW sell) and has had quite a few problems with it.

Cheers,
                        - Febs.

Comment

Originally posted by meddler
                          not always true. I have got stuff cheaper than the next price bracket through my works electus account
                          Jaycar trade price is completely different to the electus pricing. Electus offers wholesale pricing which is different again. Problem with electus is that you have to add freight and GST on to the price, so the electus price generally works out about the same as jaycar trade price.

If you can throw your order in with one of your work orders and avoid paying freight, then you get pretty good pricing from electus. Thats how i buy most of my stuff from there.

Comment

Flesik: those TV tuners sound VERY interesting. An external TV tuner would be a great addition to my setup.

masterlp: jsut search "lilliput 7" on ebay. for example this one has 12months warranty

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Lilliput-7-To...QQcmdZViewItem

I didnt actually buy form that seller, i bought from a seller called V-elite

Comment

are the digital tv tuners out yet? Got a link?

Comment

Working...
                              X