Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(PIC) replace car-tock LCD with a 4x40 for mp3s....HELP!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (PIC) replace car-tock LCD with a 4x40 for mp3s....HELP!!

can u guys tell me if it's possible to use this LCD, probably not, but can i make a 4x40 work with the PC and the car temperature thing, what i mean is that LCD on top is for the compass and the outside temperature, so can i buy a new one and have a button to switch from one to another, like one time its a compass and temperature, and the other it's the mp3s but the same LCD, i want to use that spot for a 4X40 LCD, it would look perfectly stock there, maybe I'll just have to move that LCD to the glove box, if i can't make it work with another one.

please help me!!!!

Under Construction Duron 750mhz, 256mb, Slow 40gb HD,
    8x Burner, Runing Windows XP Final. if this works out I'll get the same for the R/T
    01 Stratus R/T 200hp stock as hell
    88 Lincoln LSC 226hp with Alpine V12....at the rear Blaupunkt ODx694 sub box two 12 JBL's....front doors a pair in each Sony XS-F1621's.....more to come

sorry this is totally off topic, but do you like your stratus r/t? I see you have it auto (there's a manual, why didn't you get it?) i thought about getting one but they're slow, hows everything else?

Comment

how is this of topic? it's about my LCD, i want to put my LCD where the car compass is, but i'll lose that LCD or would have to move some where else like the glove box, so my question is can i use my new LCD for both, if this is possible.

about the car, i love it, it's a fast family car, sure the 3.0 V6 200HP 0-60 in 8 sec. isn't fast but sure is faster then most family car out there for this price, look on autoweb.com reviews for the Stratus R/T and the Sebring Coupe LXI, both are the same, but the suspension is more sporty on the R/T, yes they come with manual, but this isn't my dream car so i got the auto, so when i have more money i'll buy a used A8, so an auto is easy to sale.
      8x Burner, Runing Windows XP Final. if this works out I'll get the same for the R/T
      88 Lincoln LSC 226hp with Alpine V12....at the rear Blaupunkt ODx694 sub box two 12 JBL's....front doors a pair in each Sony XS-F1621's.....more to come

Comment

Unique-Car: That Trilogy98 guy was saying his post was off-topic, not yours, he just wants to know if you like your car.
        Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
        Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
        In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Comment

sorry........

but i still didn't get any answers!!

Comment

Well..
              I remember someone, said somewhat someday.
              And it was something like, anything can be done with computers...
              So this also should be able to made, but it's going to be a hell lot of work.
              • you will have to measure all kind of different values that the lcd is driven by. (Like how are you/computer going to know, what angle, temperature belongs to which values given by the heat/compas sensors)
              • you will have to write a program yourself that can measure these values, and calculate the corresponding angle and temperature, and then write something that outputs these values to the lcd
              • As you want to be able to play some mp3's on your system you have to write some winamp-plugin yourself, because the common plugins or apps (cenwesi), like the lorty plugin,inmotion, cobra, or something else don't support some kind of compas and temperature.
              • In this plugin you have to make your own controls, 'cause you want to be able to switch the screen from compas to mp3player
              • getting sick yet ???

as you read you will have a lot of problems to solve, But no-one never said it wasn't possible.
              It's only going to take a lot, a lot of work.

Hope this helps you out !
              Greetz
              Raas - The Netherlands
              ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
              GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

Raas said it better. I just hope you are a patient guy who knows how to code and NEVER gives up. If i understand u correctly, u have a long way to go. Either get rid of the compass completely and use a 40x4 LCD or put the 40x4 somewhere else. I will prefer u mount it directly above ur rear view mirror like i did on my setup this way everything in the car is still custom and when u deside to sell it like u said, u don't have to worry about opening consoles or what not.
                Anyway i think raas said it better.
                abcd-1
                Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

hihi..

Thanks Cenwesi
                  Raas - The Netherlands
                  ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
                  GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

Working...
                  X