i know this is a weird question...but it relates to my 20x2 hd44780 char lcd. back when i first wired the thing up...i put electrical tape all over the thing...now i realize that this was probably not the best idea...here is my question: could the sticky residue from the tape left on the lcd be conductive? it is in direct contact with a few of the leads that get +5v and is all over the place. i keep having problems with the hd44780 chip on the back getting REALLY hot, like hot enough to give you a nice burn. i know it's not a wiring error because i've wired this thing like 3 times and it keeps overheating. anyone have advice?? thanks
No announcement yet.
electrical tape residue conductive??