TFT from flat-panel.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFT from flat-panel.com

I have a quick question about a NEC LCD and controller card. I know some people on here have this same model so I thought I would ask. I just recieved my 6.4" (http://www.flat-panel.com/SK2003.HTM). I ordered the kit that included the LCD module and controller. My question is about connections. I knew where the VGA cable and power cable plugs into the controller card, and I could also guess where the two sets of wires coming from the one side of LCD plug into on that little card extending from the main controller. There's also what looks like a ground (thin green wire with tongue ring connector on the end) coming off the vga cable where it connects on the controller card, but I'm not sure where this goes? Does it connect to a screw on the controller board? Every time I hook it up to power the green LED flashes quickly and then the red LED marked "fault" starts to blink. Now keep in my I have never hooked this up to the computer yet so maybe it needs to be activated by the computer signal? Any info would be appreciated, thank you.

---Yes, I have contacted flat-panel about this with no reply yet. Like I said, I know some people on the board have had experience with this particular screen and many TFTs in general so I thought I'd give it a shot here. Thanks---
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

Hi,

you should hook it up to your computer, this might help..

Some screens will not even turn on when there's no input signal.

You should give it a try.

Greetz
    Raas - The Netherlands
    ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
    GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

Thanks. That's what I've been told recently. I just need to get new inverter, it was shot after one week!
      My Install Thread
      digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

WHAT !?! how did you toast an inverter?
        Gizmo-
        Techonlogy on Wheels
        http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

lol...yeah, how they hell did u toast an inverter??????
          abcd-1
          Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
          You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

I had the misfortune of killing a inverter once... Someone got in my truck and tried to move the seat back.. it didn't work, but he caught the AC power cable in the rail and shorted it out. whoops.
            I cheat, I own an empeg.
            Meskimen's Law: There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.
            http://civic.mp3car.com

Comment

I have no idea how it died. It just did, and i was sad.
              My Install Thread
              digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

Are we talking about an inverter or a goldfish?

Comment

I'v never had to flush an inverter down the toliet
                  Gizmo-
                  Techonlogy on Wheels
                  http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

Nah, My goldfish died a few years back - let's not bring that up though
                    My Install Thread
                    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

BTW Carlos...if you do your own web design and graphics, my compliments on the site. There's alot of cool technology and alot of bad web design floating around this BBS. Then again, I really can't speak since I don't have a page up yet

Also noticed the 5 1/4" Quantum bigfoot drive while perusing the site. You may want to look for something with a more sparkling reputation for a car. My experiences with them left me unimpressed to say the least.

What is the status on the screen? I'm tossing around the idea of ordering the same one, but want to know what you think about brightness, clarity, refresh rates, etc...

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nester:
                        <STRONG>I had the misfortune of killing a inverter once... Someone got in my truck and tried to move the seat back.. it didn't work, but he caught the AC power cable in the rail and shorted it out. whoops.</STRONG>
                        This is getting me to bring up a topic that I have thought about for a while now...
                        I've been thinking that an inverter could be a VERY dangerous hazard in the event of a car accident... Could you imagine, where you crashed, the power still worked, and the cable on the high-voltage side of the inverter was frayed and sparking the car frame or body? EEEEKKK!!! Survive the crash, but fry from your inverter!! ??

A little O/T, but food for thought...

~m
                        PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
                        Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
                        BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

I've accidentally got a shock from my inverter before

It wouldn't do anything if you're just sitting there and not grounded to anything...
                          www.arbybean.com

Comment

Meatballman: Yes, I do my own web design, thanks As far as the big foot, I ditched that. It was way too big. I'm using a Maxtor standard size. 10gig should hold me over for a bit.
                            My Install Thread
                            digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

Hey Carlos I'm thinking of purchasing that lcd that you have, how do you like? is it bright in the daytime?

Comment

Working...
                              X