Pioneer In Dash LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer In Dash LCD

Anyone have any pioneer in dash lcd? I was wondering if these also have that feature that nothing will show on the screen if the car is moving... I am getting the avx-505 with the brain unit for free ...yes you heard me... FREE! hehe....and i was just wondering if anyone using pionner has had any problems or complaints.
    04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

WoW! Free? If you come across another lying on the street :} then I have dibs!

Comment

Woow........
      I just realized that this screen has RGB input. Does that mean i can just get a VGA to RGB cable and it will work????? that would be sweet.... Would the quality be better than a TV-OUT?
      Here's a pic of it...

maybe i should exp[lain how i am getting it for free... my brother has a very rich boss and this thing was in his car (leased). So the lease was up and he asked my brother to remove everything and do whatever with it. hehe and lucky me that my bro owes me some favors so he's just gonna give the screen to me.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

The RGB input on this device isnt likely to accept PC video directly as I suspect it would need NTSC timing. I don't know about the pioneer, but the Alpine TV tuner units output RGB NTSC video. This being the case there is a VGA to RGB converter circuit on the net that will produce the correct timing and it's fairly simple to build. The down side is it has fairly limited driver support and only works with a few video cards. If I find the link I'll post it

Comment

Wonder if my boss will give me his Alpine unit when he gets rid of his car

Comment

A friend had one of those in his car. He eventually got rid of it. He said he had problems where the monitor would only sync with the PC half the time he booted up.
            Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
            Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald

Comment

How about the security feature about the parking brakes having to be on to watch anything through video input?

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

how would it know when the parking brake was on if it wasn't hooked up to the parking brake? since you are installing it yourself you just wouldn't hook it up. i mean i suppose it could have some sort of inertial sensor to determine when the car is moving and then not display the video at that point, but do we think pioneer did this? not me.

Comment

yeah, that parking brake thing is bunk. I saw a guy who had one of those screens and legally the guys at the car audio shop had to hook it up so that it would only come on when the car was in park. So what did he do? he got home and read the directions and disconnected that switch.

BTW, it's illegal in the States to have a "video" monitor on view of the driver and on while the car is in motion, but that is why god made GPS--to get around that little technicality
                  Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                  Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                  I'M DEBT FREE!!
                  I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

talk to BJ he had one of these for a while and tested it and said it was good but expensive and he ended up getting a NEC i think

Comment

Hey, if it's free I wouldn't complain one bit. I have an NEC from earth computers. Once you go VGA, you never go back to composite.
                      My Install Thread
                      digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
                      How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Is it just as easy as not connecting the parking brake switch?? sounds too easy......

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

Originally posted by moahdib:
                          <STRONG>Is it just as easy as not connecting the parking brake switch?? sounds too easy......</STRONG>
                          i am not sure about how it is for this model (never did it for this kind), but for the alpine, u have to either buy a special switch and bypass the saftey mech (requires a bit of work). or u buy a $130 device then simply connect some wires to it (very simple however not very cheap for the ability to watch dvd while u drive)

Comment

Damm... I just want to be able to see winamp ... not a movie but then again that totally depends on how traffic is moving etc... hehe

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

After this week I'll have some time to help you out with it if you want.

Hit me up @ [email protected]

Lates.

Comment

Working...
                              X