No announcement yet.

lcd and the summer heat?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcd and the summer heat?

its been really hot here in toronto this week and i am in the makeing stages of my mp3 player i bought a 10" tfl lcd screen but i am worried about the heat its going to be runin into to... and in winter when it dropes below -40c out side and in summer its around 35 to 40c here...

what you guys think will happen?

and also how would i keep my computer cool in summer i dont think adding fans will help a great deal when its very hot inside?

dunno about full screen color lcd's, but my 4x40 worked flawlessly through a 110*F Texas summer...

Well It's been 90-95 Degrees here in PA. I've had my 6.4" TFT working great even during the hottest time of day. For more info on my display, visit my website.
      My Install Thread

MKIV VW Jetta
      How do I get sound to my car?

dont have to care to much about the sun here in the netherlands.

those 3 days a year that it really shines
        time for the sig:

'00 VW golf TDI upped to 130 HP - 18" RS 6 wheels - liliput 7" tft in indash housing - epia 10K - SB audigy - caliber 1 fahrad CAP - RF punch amp - hollywood 1.6K mono amp - boston acoustics pro - RF 10" DVD sub

i live in vermont, it's been ~90 degress F the past week here (10 times worse in my car). My car sits in a parking lot that has the sun coming right in my front window for a large portion of they day. when i go out to my car after work the steering wheel is too hot to even touch. The has still worked find though (its a 5.6" TFT). BTW, it's located right on top of my dash in the sun
          Athlon 500, 128 MB, ATI Xpert 4MB AGP TV-Out, Sound Blaster Live! Value, 8.4 GB, 2x20 Backlit LCD, Keypower 250 Watt ATX DC-DC, DSchmitd Startup/Shutdown Controller, IRMan + Backlit IR Remote, Custom Keypad, 5.6" NTSC LCD, In-Dash Slot Loading DVD, all installed in an '87 Honda Accord LX-i

I'm in Chicago's suburbs and it gets hot! I don't know about a TFT, but my 40x4 is alright. One time it was blue when I got back to my car it was so hot! So I just detatched it and brought it inside and put it next to the air conditioning vent. I also dropped it on cement and it works fine still!

cool thanks for the info guys i was worried