Would this be likely to wash out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be likely to wash out?

I'd been planning this for a while, but I hadn't really factored in the sun into my Lilliput plans. Basically I'd like to know if anybody has mounted a screen in a similar position before, and if so, if it washed out the image pretty bad during the daytime (without direct sunlight). I haven't dealt with in car screens before, so I haven't had much experience with fighting the sun on this stuff.

Here's a couple pictures with the location I was thinking of using.

In the works...
    Dell GX240 SFF
    P4 1.8GHz, 256 RAM, 160GB HDD
    8" Lilliput (fab work completed - F-150)

My worklog
    Misc crap FS - OLD laptop (w/ adapters) | Sony memory | USB key | Printer Dock, etc

Yeah it would wash out like a *****. My screen was placed from where the top of the box (inside the red circle) is to the bottom of your dash and I still could barely see it during the day. Sorry.
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Figured as much. Thanks for the info.
      In the works...
      Dell GX240 SFF
      P4 1.8GHz, 256 RAM, 160GB HDD
      8" Lilliput (fab work completed - F-150)

My worklog
      Misc crap FS - OLD laptop (w/ adapters) | Sony memory | USB key | Printer Dock, etc

Comment

but if it were a xenarc it would be better? Xenarc's dont have this "washing out" problem? im contemplating switching out my lilliput with a new xenarc... waddya guys think?
        '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

xenarcs may be slightly better, but still suffers during the day.... I wouldn't think it's so much better that an upgrade is worthwhile...maybe for you that little extra is worth it though

..... if you had no screen already I could see choosing the xenarc over the lilli though..........
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
          X