PCI TV-Out Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI TV-Out Cards

I need to get a cheap but good tv out card to add a second lcd to my system. Has anyone seen any good prices lately or can you recommend a good card?

Thanks.

I just hooked up with an ATI XPERT 98 8MB PCI on eBay for $39.. Originally I got a Dxr 3 DVD accel card with TV out, but quickly learned the TV out ONLY showed the DVD movie playing.. Woops! I've heard the XPERT is pretty good and is like the All-n-Wonder except no TV tuner, but I have no needs for a TV tuner in my car, so I went with this..

Will see how good it is when it comes in and will let you know..

Scott--
    -=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-
    97 Firebird Formula Convertable - Project R/T
    Project R/T SoundDomain Page

Comment

Now that I think about it, you say second LCD.. How is the first one hooked up? If you've already got a TV out for one, just split it.. But I'm only speculating, will have to wait for your answer to see what's up..

Scott--

Comment

az1324, why do you need another video source? do you want to run multi-monitors or something? Otherwise, what darkworlf said makes more sense. just split the output of your second lcd with a y-cable. and remember that multi-monitor support is a real pain unless you're using win2k/me.
        Athlon 500, 128 MB, ATI Xpert 4MB AGP TV-Out, Sound Blaster Live! Value, 8.4 GB, 2x20 Backlit LCD, Keypower 250 Watt ATX DC-DC, DSchmitd Startup/Shutdown Controller, IRMan + Backlit IR Remote, Custom Keypad, 5.6" NTSC LCD, In-Dash Slot Loading DVD, all installed in an '87 Honda Accord LX-i

Comment

Hey, I dont know what you are after about, but instead of a pci tv out card, I plan to use a small device, about as large as a mouse, that can be attached to the VGA slot of the motherboard and in return offers VGA out, composite video out and the old two connection video out, which i am using. It supports PAL, but I am not sure about NTSC. It does automatic overscan an according to the dealer, very few cards can match its quality. It also needs a 12V DC power supply with it.

Maybe I will give more info when I buy it in two months or so.

Comment

Yeah by adding a second monitor I want to display different things on it. For instance, when music videos are playing, winamp will be on the front lcd and the video will play on the rear headrest monitors. The front monitor has multiple inputs, so it will be possible to switch it to show what the back monitors are showing. I had been running win98 at home with 2 monitors and that's what a plan to do in the car. what's so difficult about it??

Comment

Originally posted by az1324:
              <STRONG>I had been running win98 at home with 2 monitors and that's what a plan to do in the car. what's so difficult about it??</STRONG>
              Were you using two cards to do it at home, or one? If so with two cards, you should already know how, so what's so difficult is not an issue. My graphics box has a video card that supports dual monitors on one card. There are a few out there that do, however I have yet to see any that support two seperate TV out feeds.

*shrugs* back on your orig question, I'd say the XPERT fits your needs well.

Scott--

Comment

Working...
              X