Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv out allways that bad ?

hi there,
    i am new to the mp3car.com thing and am in process of building my own mp3 car setup.
    thx for the info on the board, its been very helpfull !
    i have a question.
    i am finally done with my computer setup
    its a pIII 667 with a 20 GB hd, and i have a riva tnt2 card with tv out on it.
    i am still waiting for my psone screen which i intend to take apart to fit my car.
    my mate has one and the resolution looks ok to do some "cobra" displaying.
    but when i connected my computer setup to a tv, my heart allmost skipped to beats.
    the picture is not sharp but very bad.
    is this normal ? my mate also has a different card and also the screen is bad.
    at the computer store they sell this as gadget to watch dvds on your tv, but sure as hell i wont watch my dvds like that, they would look like total ****.

really looking forward to your replies and help.

gerard.

oh yeah forgot to mention, i also have the border around your screen thing, but that is a problem for the future.

my card is a:
    CARDEXpert TM64. riva tnt2 chipset
    time for the sig:

'00 VW golf TDI upped to 130 HP - 18" RS 6 wheels - liliput 7" tft in indash housing - epia 10K - SB audigy - caliber 1 fahrad CAP - RF punch amp - hollywood 1.6K mono amp - boston acoustics pro - RF 10" DVD sub

What type of Screen are u using. That prolly where ur problem is. Also do not expect to have GOOD quality with a regular TFT screen. If you really want one that is good, u will need to get an ACTIVE MATRIX TFT screen. If u look on the sale section, i have posted one there.
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

thx for your reply, but the picture does also suck on my regular tv.
      is this normal ?
      the tft picture is the same as on tv, bad
      and i am also having trouble getting it full screen, i keep getting the borders around it.
      anybody know how to resolve this with an cardexpert riva tnt2 m64 ?
      time for the sig:

'00 VW golf TDI upped to 130 HP - 18" RS 6 wheels - liliput 7" tft in indash housing - epia 10K - SB audigy - caliber 1 fahrad CAP - RF punch amp - hollywood 1.6K mono amp - boston acoustics pro - RF 10" DVD sub

Comment

is your rca connection wire shielded ?

i also have a riva tnt2 but not tv out and i found out the 6.30 drivers work better than the 6.50 ones (6.50 ones crashed in all my games) i dont know how much help this is but you could try switching drivers

Comment

can you point me to the drivers ?
          i am having trouble finding them

and do you still have the black borders around your screen or is youres full screen ?
          hope to hear from you soon.

thx.
          time for the sig:

Comment

well i dont have tv out so dont know bout black borders, if you have icq message me on 36022143 and ill send em to ya

Comment

Well, whether or not the screen is TFT (which is active matrix) wouldn't effect the clarity all that much. He did say he connected it to a standard television set. When you convert VGA to composite you lose a lot of quality and not to mention the resolutions on TVs are HORRIBLE in comparision to even the cheapest VGA monitor. It's too bad VGA LCDs cost an arm and a leg. I still can't believe I paid as much as I did, but the picture is absolutely stunning.
              My Install Thread
              digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
              How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos C:
                <STRONG>Well, whether or not the screen is TFT (which is active matrix) </STRONG>

True. All TFT's are active matrix. But I have seen some poor quality TFT screens. I guess some are better than others.

Comment

Working...
                X