Emerson Flip out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerson Flip out

My dad runs a retail store so i can get wholesale price on these 5" Emerson Flip out of a cd changer Ive seen them on ebay for $365.. i can get one cheaper.. anyways i tlked aboput this in the other forum but i figured i mihgt get better feedback in this one ( not to say the other feedback is bad) i just want oppinions this i sthe link to the ones on ebay HERE please check it out and tell me what you think.. Since my Father owes me money he will buy it for me but i want to know if its worth.. all feed back is help ful
    I will be using this on a K6-2 350 with a TV-out pci card. thanx guys
    If God meant us to have Mp3Cars he would have made effecient Power Supplys..J/k guys

Hey, if you can get it cheap???

But I have to rant about something...They don't efficiently use the case size. You can easily fit a 7" screen from a DIN size flip out screen.
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Nice and i think that is a reasonable price but i am sure if u look around u can prolly get it cheaper than that.
      abcd-1
      Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
      You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

I think the big beef with them was the low resolution, only 140,440 Pixel Resolution for a 5 inch TFT.
        And as carlos said..only 5 inches..
        Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
        http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

ewww, didn't even notice the resolution.
          abcd-1

Comment

so.. bad res... ok how about the lcd screen for the Playstation One? Any suggestions for any screen 5" or larger for $350 or less with good res? thanx again
            If God meant us to have Mp3Cars he would have made effecient Power Supplys..J/k guys

Comment

what do you guys think of this one...Pyle LCD

Comment

again, look at that resoultion...
                if you are willing to pay $350 for a 5" then i suggest u think it through....are you just looking for a flip screen or is that NOT important to you, cuz for $300 i can sell u my modified 6.8" TFT screen, i am sure u have seen the pics, drop me an email if interested.
                abcd-1

Comment

My brother has this model. The resolution is fine. He plays vhs, tv, and soon to be dvd.
                  Site is still under construction
                  http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/bucwheat/

Comment

Hey Charles i just sent you an email.. Im not sure if you can relpy to that email addy try the one thats for this Board.. [email protected]

Comment

I sold my 5" screen some time ago.
                      I bought a 6.8" off ebay. I must say the 6.8 looks huge compared to the 5". I want in dash as much as anyone else but I would never settle for something as small as 5".
                      Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
                      http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

A couple of things:

These "flip out" displays seem to be a good solution for those that want to have the "in-dash" look without making major modifications to your dash.

This is one of the biggest concerns that I have. I am eager to build a system for my car. The only thing holding me back is the display; where to put it?? That's why I'm interested in something like this. I realize there's a tradeoff here: in dash for lower quality display. I'm just wondering if the lower quality is too low.

If the two that are shown here are not very practical, are there any out there that are? I would like to find a flip-out style display that would allow me to run Winamp and Co-pilot. Would either of these work?

Charles, you said the resolution on the Pyle model was inadequate. It says 960 X 234. Are those pixels like a computer display?

BucWheat, you said your brother has the Pyle model and the resolution is fine, but he only mentioned TV and VHS. How about computer output? how is the resolution there?

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: tbone ]

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: tbone ]

Comment

Pioneer Flip TV

Well, thats what I have. Great res, color, etc. I use it for TV, VHS, DVD (thats built in), Nav, and computer. Everything looks perfect on it and its 7inch fully motorized. I wouldnt settle for anything less now that I have it. Great choice, but a very high price if you cant at cost.

Okay, so you looked at that price and were like "hell no!" I agree, but...that is the new model. Thus, you could probably find the old 7inch CD modle for much cheaper.
                          old model

At the car stereo place I kind of work at, everyone with the old model is coming in wanting the new one. We buy them back at $700 - but charge $2500 for the new one. I think they are reselling for like $800 or so. Find a really ghetto car stereo shop. Ghetto is very key to finding used yet good stuff. Guys come in all the time putting in all new stuff week after week. We have so much crap that is like a month old and in perfect condition. If ya live near Detroit, I can definitely help ya out in that department.

Ohh, Kenwood and Alpine also have some outdated modles too that you may be able to find cheaply used.

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: PoBoy ]
                          I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

Thanks for the input. That price is a little steep. Is the only difference between the old and new the DVD capabilities? I really don't care too much about dvd, and I could always add it to the computer (couldn't I?). I don't live too close to detroit (atlanta), but maybe we could work something out??

Does anyone else have experience with other brands? Thanks.

P.S. PoBoy- do you have any pics of your system?

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: tbone ]

Comment

yo im in atlanta.. if u need any help, holla..

j

Comment

Working...
                              X