7" Touchscreen For Australia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7" Touchscreen For Australia

Ok i'm just doing a mini review of a LCD thats just entered the australian market last week.

Product: 7" TFT VGA Touch Screen
    Seller: JayCar (www.jaycar.com.au its like a tandy type store for u USA people)
    Price: $549 or $495 for 2

This LCD is a 7" Touchscreen which has drivers for windows and Linux (not sure on mac)

It only draws 8 Watts of power.

The screen is a 16:9 ratio as with the Xenarc and Lilliput LCD

It has a feature which Xenarc and Lilliputs don't have
    It can turn the picture Up or Down and Right or Left

So this is the only VGA Touchscreen available that can be hooked upside down without having to mess with the VGA signals to flip it.

The LCD runs off standard AV Signals

It also has S-VIDEO and VGA inputs
    Also has audio left and right inputs.

The LCD itself has a Headphones plug on the front of the LCD and has a video and audio buttons on the front.

It also has a remote aswell.

The Screen is the same as a Xenarc around 400nit altho the touchscreen (if i remember correctly) is actually more seethrough than the Xenarc altho i don't remember.

It does have limitations on Sync like the Xenarc and lilliput but it really performs pretty well.

For aussies who are gonna mould the screen into the dash i reccomend u have a look at these LCD's.

On a Personal note Jaycar basiclly has every CarPC equipment u need.

They have 15ft VGA cables
    5ft USB cables
    RCA cables
    Power Cables for the PC

The only thing it doesn't have is PC's and Power supplies.

For USA people you can buy from jaycar and NZ people can also buy from them (there are Jaycar stores in NZ altho the LCD isn't sold there)
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Looks just like the 7" "super" sold on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SP-719-7-XGA-TFT...QQcmdZViewItem
    2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 600
    AMD Athalon 900mhz / ATI Radeon 8500 video / TV/FM card
    7" touch-screen LCD / GPS / DVD Player / Frodoplayer

Comment

If only it wasnt so expensive! Can pick up a lilliput for under $400 on ebay (including postage from hong kong)

Only benefit i see for the huge price difference is warranty, returns and the like would be much less of a hassle.

Does it "auto on" when power is connected to it?
      Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Yes u can jarrod but its not a used LCD like the lilliputs plus as u said u get warranty issues delt with easier but the fact u can just pick u up instead of having to wait is a plus.

Im not sure if it has Auto On as i had to convince the jaycar guy to let me quickly test it

I've got him hooked on mp3car.com now

I also forgot that this LCD has a stylus attached to the back of the screen which i thought was cool

It is better with the flipping function altho it all depends in aus needs a touchscreen connected to the roof

It's new technology at jaycar it will go down in price very soon
        CarPC Status:
        GPS: 99%
        Hardware: 99%
        Software: 92%
        Case Install: 99.9%
        Dash Install: 100%
        Car Install: 72%

Comment

If you want this screen for a bargain price, looky here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=655436
          Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Much cheaper than this

Hey thanks for posting this. I;ve been looking around for a decent VGA touchscreen in AUS. I was thinking of getting this XENARC http://cdt.com.au/prod.asp?prod=MON%20818 but the cost of it is way too much. If anyone is really interesting in purchasing a XENARC in Aus this place is probably our only chance.
            Ahhh... I see the f&!k-up fairy has visited us again!

Comment

I got my 'Super' branded touch screen from the ebay link I posted above in the mail today. No customs duties to pay either, gotta love that.

Must say its a nice looking unit. Seems very solid. Have only powered it up in the car (no VGA testing yet) as it doesnt come with an Australian power adapter, only one for Asia I think (two round pins) and I dont have an adapter.

Will test it from an ATX power supply soon tho.
              Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Working...
              X