Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brand new lilliput... text "trembles" on vga mode?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brand new lilliput... text "trembles" on vga mode?

just unwrapped my lilliput. it's now hooked up to AC power... plugged into the wall at home. VGA connector is connected to a laptop. if you look closely at the text on the screen... it shakes or trembles a little bit. is this normal?

also... the picture just doesn't seem clear... it looks like there's a film covering it or something. did i get a defect or are these things normal?

also... the lcd makes an audible whining sound. it's very very soft... but audible.

Originally posted by Poe
    just unwrapped my lilliput. it's now hooked up to AC power... plugged into the wall at home. VGA connector is connected to a laptop. if you look closely at the text on the screen... it shakes or trembles a little bit. is this normal?
    Yes. Increase the refresh rate to anything over 75 Hz and it will go away.

Originally posted by Poe
    also... the picture just doesn't seem clear... it looks like there's a film covering it or something. did i get a defect or are these things normal?
    That "film" is the touchscreen, and it does introduce a small amount of distortion. However, unless you've set you PC to the native resolution of the display, pushed the refresh above 75 Hz, and re-synced the signal, you won't be getting nearly the picture quality the monitor is capable of.

Be sure to read the "sticky" threads in this forum, and in particular, the Lilliput FAQ:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25185

-p.

Comment

alright... i got the tremble to go away. it actually stopped when i played with "phase" setting. i have no idea what "phase" is but it helped. i changed the refresh rate to 75 anyway though. thanks a lot for the tip gnomad!

Comment

The standard 15-pin VGA signal is analog and needs to be converted back into digital format for the LCD. This is much easier said than done, and most LCD displays need a bit of tweaking to get an exact 1:1 pixel match. The Lilliputs, unfortunately, need a bit more tweaking than your typical desktop LCD.

Personally, I'm rather fussy in regards to LCD display quality and it pains me to see just how many desktop monitors are not set up properly. It's even worse when I see people with a DVI connector at both ends using an analog cable. It almost makes me want to cry.

-p.

Comment

How do I get the refrsh rate above 60hz. I don't really understand powerstrip.
          VIA M10000
          512Mb RAM
          30Gb 2.5" HDD
          Bluetooth, 802.11g, GPS
          Silverstone USB DAC
          Consult (ODB)
          CarTFT K500
          Carnetix P1290
          NLited XP with Road Runner and MapMonkey

Comment

Working...
          X