PSone LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSone LCD

Hey... thinking about putting a few of these in my headrests....anyone have any experience with them? Know of anything cheaper?
    http://www.buyrite1.com/playsta/psonelcd.html

just received my ps one screen and everything is clearly readable on the screen for me.
    only downside is that it displays my av in in B/W so i am returning it.
    time for the sig:

'00 VW golf TDI upped to 130 HP - 18" RS 6 wheels - liliput 7" tft in indash housing - epia 10K - SB audigy - caliber 1 fahrad CAP - RF punch amp - hollywood 1.6K mono amp - boston acoustics pro - RF 10" DVD sub

Comment

You are getting another unit, correct? Could you tell me the dimensions of the case and if you found a better place to buy from than the link I posted.

Thanks.

Comment

i havent got exacly the same as youres so i dont know if telling the dimensions is going to help.
        i did "inspect" mine on the inside and the screen module is aprox 12 x 10 cm and with the print behind it it is aprox 3 cm deep.
        better convert these sizes to inches yourself before i screw up
        mine version the screen was easy to take out of the original case to mount in a headrest or something.

ps i cant beat that price, in europe these ****ers are expensive !
        time for the sig:

'00 VW golf TDI upped to 130 HP - 18" RS 6 wheels - liliput 7" tft in indash housing - epia 10K - SB audigy - caliber 1 fahrad CAP - RF punch amp - hollywood 1.6K mono amp - boston acoustics pro - RF 10" DVD sub

Comment

Originally posted by gerard_NL:
          <STRONG>just received my ps one screen and everything is clearly readable on the screen for me.
          only downside is that it displays my av in in B/W so i am returning it.</STRONG>
          By reading your post it seems that you are inputing a NTSC signal into the LCD and he doesnīt support NTSC, only PAL. Had a similiar problem, not with LCDīs, but with a television.
          mpt

Comment

Anybody want to buy one of these lcd's and be the guinea pig? I have to wait until i sell my 2 extra 5.6" ones to have the cash to buy these.

Comment

Originally posted by mpt:
              <STRONG>By reading your post it seems that you are inputing a NTSC signal into the LCD and he doesnīt support NTSC, only PAL. Had a similiar problem, not with LCDīs, but with a television.</STRONG>
              allmost right.
              its the other way around.
              a pal signal which i am putting into a ntsc screen.
              the screen is suppost to handle both signals but the switch only stops the screen from "rolling" does not display in colour.
              tried 2 video cards but no luck.
              i can get one of the cards to output in colour ntsc but then i have 0.5" borders around my screen and only 4 " is viewable.

sucky !
              time for the sig:

Comment

Hi Gerard_NL, Always nice to meet some other people from the netherlands in here.

I maybe got some information, although it doesn't apply directly to your problem.

The switch you mentioned is definetly for the PAL/NTSC change. (It has someting to do with the horiz.scan.lines.. I believe PAL has 255, and NTSC Only 200, also with the refresh rate PAL(50Hz) and NTSC(60Hz)).
                (discovered this using a 32-bit amiga and a PAL/NTSC Monitor... screen would role on a normal PAL TV.

Remember when the First Nintendo 8-bit (Mario) computer where getting really popular. Very soon some companies started to make some 'copy-boxes' for the Nintendo's. This way you could easily copy the game-rom's onto normal floppy disks, load them, and play'em.

But there was a problem with The French games (and I believe, also the Japanese)
                Because they where designed for the 'SECAM' system (almost similar to the PAL-system). And when you wanted to play these French games, you could only play it BW.

There was something like:
                When you put SECAM-system into PAL display, the screen only is Black & White, Then,
                When you put PAL-system on SECAM display,
                the screen only is Black & White.

Again, this maybe lost track from your problem, but 'maybe' this is an explanation for your problem..

Good Luck !
                Greetz
                Raas - The Netherlands
                ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
                GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

Hi marc, indeed nice to meet a fellow "lotgenoot" !
                  i think you might be right about this secam story, the image stops roling over the screen but isnt colour.
                  anyway i found a solution to the black borders thing.
                  its a program called tvtool, it can stretch your image beyond screen properties if you want.
                  i use it in ntsc output and now it finally works on my ntsc sreen

WHOOO WHOOO. now onto the next stage, the in-car implimentation.
                  time for the sig:

Comment

Good to hear that all is working great now.

Greetz
                    Raas - The Netherlands
                    ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
                    GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

a solution to the black borders thing.
                      its a program called tvtool
                      I believe that program only works with nvidia video cards. I'm still looking for one that works on ATI AIW cards.
                      http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
                      Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Maveric: Youīre right... Itīs meant for NVidea TNT /TNT2 /Geforce /Geforce2 Chipsets only. I think i saw on a site another prog that could do overscan on a variety of Video cards, Iīll try to find it tonigh, no promisses...
                        mpt

Comment

az1324: how much you want for one of you 5.6" screens. what kind are they? are they any good? e-mail me at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                          X