Should I buy this LCD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy this LCD?

Since everyone here has more experience than I do, I'm hoping someone can look at the LCD I'm thinking of buying and let me know if it is a good buy or not.
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...ID=15435&DID=7

(Don't know if that ugly link will work, it is part #205-016 at partsexpress.com. It is a 5.6" LCD)

Is this everything I need, or will I need to buy other stuff too (like an inverter)? Is this a good screen at a good price? Thanks for the help...

I was pondering that one as well but decided not to after a negative experiance post from another user.

This one is what I have now..

Scroll down to 5.6" TFT LCD

You can see pics of it on page 9 of the site in my sig. It's easy to wire, just 3 wires and an RCA.. A tad thick though, I'm splitting the case as I speak so I can mount it in the visor. Keeping the front case part and just building it directly into it.

Scott--
    -=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-
    97 Firebird Formula Convertable - Project R/T
    Project R/T SoundDomain Page

Comment

Zovirl: I know that someone posted some bad stuff about that lcd a while back. Check the boards and your sure to find it.
      2004 F-150
      Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
      "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWolf:
        <STRONG>I was pondering that one as well but decided not to after a negative experiance post from another user.

This one is what I have now..
        Scott--</STRONG>
        Ok, I found the other post. It was unclear whether the problem was with the parts express screen in general, or just the floor demo the poster had seen. In any case, I like that screen with a case around it for my application, and it seems to be a good price. What is the square black thing on the left?

Comment

It's..... empity No doubt a generic case, so imagine it would have been used for IR, provided it has it, which it does not..

All in all though it's good.. I did test it on my other comp with a TV out, for some reason it was **** poor, but I think that was the card as the TV out on my other comps DVD acell card is flawless.

Got a new card coming in soon, so I'll see how that works out.. No doubt it will be as good as the DVD display.

Scott--
          97 Firebird Formula Convertable - Project R/T
          Project R/T SoundDomain Page

Comment

Working...
          X