HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP

I built my 2x16 lcd and am almost possitive i built it corrctly. I've pluged it in to te lcd port and tried all the software there is. I eventualy want to use it with mpxplay and also use MLT with it. I can't even get it to work with WINAMP. The weird thing is that the light turns on in the back and one line of the boxes that display the text seem to turn on. I dunno whats wrong. Please Help.
    -----------------
    [email protected]
    AIM - eminem2626

sounds like the backlight and contrast adjustments are hooked up right, you just have an error somewhere with either your E, RW, RS, or D0-7 lines. Verify all of these and try lcdprint in dos. Just so you know, it's normal for only the top line in the lcd to display boxes until you write text to it and adjust the contrast. good luck
    Athlon 500, 128 MB, ATI Xpert 4MB AGP TV-Out, Sound Blaster Live! Value, 8.4 GB, 2x20 Backlit LCD, Keypower 250 Watt ATX DC-DC, DSchmitd Startup/Shutdown Controller, IRMan + Backlit IR Remote, Custom Keypad, 5.6" NTSC LCD, In-Dash Slot Loading DVD, all installed in an '87 Honda Accord LX-i

Comment

lol...join the club....I hate to say it and i know ppl will have all sorts of issues with it but here goes. Get a TFT screen and call it a day....LCD's are a thing of the past. Sorry, but with the amount of troubles you will encounter down the round, it is much easier to get a TFT screen.
      abcd-1
      Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
      You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Charles, I respect lots of your opinions on things. It seems however, that lots of your advice requires deep pockets. In my observations - not everyone around here has an endless heap of money to spend. For many people charachter lcds are more than sufficient. I run both (when vis plugins are playing in winamp it shows the song info). Further, there are VFDs which are amazing. I dont mean to come off sounding like a jerk-it's just that there are tons of ways to solve problems that don't require spending more money.

Thats my issue with it
        Athlon 500, 128 MB, ATI Xpert 4MB AGP TV-Out, Sound Blaster Live! Value, 8.4 GB, 2x20 Backlit LCD, Keypower 250 Watt ATX DC-DC, DSchmitd Startup/Shutdown Controller, IRMan + Backlit IR Remote, Custom Keypad, 5.6" NTSC LCD, In-Dash Slot Loading DVD, all installed in an '87 Honda Accord LX-i

Comment

If you just playing mp3's and not interested in the whole DVD/DivX scene in the car why waste the cash on a TFT?

The money could be better spent on speakers, amps, subs.... which in the end is more important for music playback than VIS eye candy..... not saying that TFT ain't a cool option but the $$$$ are an issue for some people...

on a side note, I often worry about ppl basing their internet alias after a white rap artist.....

only jokin!
          Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

I don't undertand everything looks good??? This is very frustrating because I am generaly good at building electronical stuff. Does anyone think I should take the time to redo the whole thing???

Comment

Originally posted by eminem26:
              <STRONG>I don't undertand everything looks good??? This is very frustrating because I am generaly good at building electronical stuff. Does anyone think I should take the time to redo the whole thing???</STRONG>
              I read your first post again..... the one line of boxes is normal for a un-inted just powered up display there is nothing weird about that...... what wiring diagram are you using???

I guess check other obvious things like.... does your printer port actually work?? seems silly, but worth checking.... also how fast is your PC, you may need to slow down the delays for sending data to the LCD.... lastly, you may have a dud LCD
              Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

pinkysqueaks nope, i too have gone this route....been there done that. The bottom line is in the long run you will end up with a TFT screen wether ppl want to belive it or not. I have seen countless issues with these damn LCD's i use to have a couple of them and still have 1-2 around and even written drivers for them. They are just too many issues with them and when something doesn't work you end up it is sometimes HARD to trouble shoot. Personally TFT's have come down in price and looking back at things, i try to advice ppl to stay away from LCD's, you stick a PC in the car only to display just 2-4 lines of info.....Like i said in some other posts...if you are going to go through the headache of putting a PC in the car, do it right
                abcd-1
                Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Working...
                X