factory navigation systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory navigation systems

My lease is almost up, and I've been looking at new cars. I've been looking at the 2002 Infinity i30, Maxima, and Acura TL. All of these models are available with a Navigation system from the factory. The Maxima and Acura use a touchscreen to interface with the system. I was thinking how cool it would be to be able to use these displays for a carputer. Does anyone know about the possibilities of "tapping in" to these displays and running winamp??? This would be ideal since they already have the factory look. I mentioned it to the salesmen, but they don't know ***** about it. "MP-what???"

I know it's a longshot, but thought I would ask...

should be possible but youll sure need good quality electronic skils.

try looking for the schematics of the cars first at the dealer.
    tell them you have some problems and want to look into it yourself.
    time for the sig:

'00 VW golf TDI upped to 130 HP - 18" RS 6 wheels - liliput 7" tft in indash housing - epia 10K - SB audigy - caliber 1 fahrad CAP - RF punch amp - hollywood 1.6K mono amp - boston acoustics pro - RF 10" DVD sub

Comment

I KNOW its possible in the tl - go to the www.acura-tl.com forums and ask there, i dont know about hte others, but you would lose the touchscreen part.
      Nothing yet.....

Comment

Exactly, try to get a service manual etc. for the 'tronics.

I once had a link to a site that actually sells the OEM navigation systems to car companies...I think I found it by searching for the 'tiger' ? map database.

...I think it is this link www.navtech.com

yup here is the acura http://www.navtech.com/vehicle/partner_acura.html
        http://www.navtech.com/vehicle/partners_end_na.html

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: DodgeCummins ]
        current projects

Comment

Working...
        X