Xenarc officialy the tuffest screen out there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc officialy the tuffest screen out there

Well, Xenarc truly deserves an award for this one.
    I was sure i fried my screen when smoke started coming out of it. Anyone would think that.
    To be clear on what happened, i recently installed a reverse camera and for the power i decided to put a RCA connector (for easy disconnect/connect). I soldered it on and bent the tab to hold the wire. Now i never noticed that when i bent the tab, it actualy broke thru the jacket and created a short, sending a nice deadly 12v to my screen's aux input. I was ****ed !

I didn't dare to try again in fear of making things worst but i took the courage and tried once more, this time soldering the wire solid with shrink tubing. I turn the thing on and blamo IT STILL WORKS !!!!!

After sending a nasty 12v to my aux input, it still works.

Thank you so much Xenarc for making such high quality product

Help! cant connect the reverese camera

Originally posted by Nicorolla View Post
    Well, Xenarc truly deserves an award for this one.
    I was sure i fried my screen when smoke started coming out of it. Anyone would think that.
    To be clear on what happened, i recently installed a reverse camera and for the power i decided to put a RCA connector (for easy disconnect/connect). I soldered it on and bent the tab to hold the wire. Now i never noticed that when i bent the tab, it actualy broke thru the jacket and created a short, sending a nice deadly 12v to my screen's aux input. I was ****ed !

I didn't dare to try again in fear of making things worst but i took the courage and tried once more, this time soldering the wire solid with shrink tubing. I turn the thing on and blamo IT STILL WORKS !!!!!

After sending a nasty 12v to my aux input, it still works.

Thank you so much Xenarc for making such high quality product
    I didnt understand why it happend and how to solve this but the same white smoke came out of my monitor something is obviously burnt.

anybody?

Comment

AUX input probably has capacitor connected in line. Probably you just burned your capacitor

But Xernac is the best anyway !
      -------------------------------------------------
      BMW X5 Carputer Project
      Finished: 85%
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...lots-pics.html

Comment

Originally posted by vinzer View Post
        AUX input probably has capacitor connected in line. Probably you just burned your capacitor

But Xernac is the best anyway !
        +1

Thanatos.
        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Interestesg....A similar thing happend to me. I reversed the power connection to my backup camera and noticed smoke coming out the back of my Xenarc. I assumed that the aux inputs were fried, I'll hook it up again (correctly this time and see if the aux input still works.
          My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Working...
          X