2 din lcd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 din lcd

hey ive been reading around here for about 2 months now and have been looking for something and searched but no luck. anyone have an example of a touchscreen that would fit close to perfect into a 2 din space- i have a 2000 lincoln navigator i am trying to install into- any ideas would be great

and yes i did first,if u search and find it let me know what yur search parameters were please

your kidding. right?

Comment

the 7" lilliput is the closest to fitting but unforuantly has an akward bottom lip...many people cut the lip off and move/lose the buttons...

the 7" xenarc is the same size screen but the casing is larger in all demensions...

(hence why 99% of the installs are 7")

Comment

Don't bring your Bull sh1t on this forum.

Comment

no im not kidding, im new at the whole lcd thing and didnt catch onto that piece of common knowledge yet- thanks a lot for the info though...

Comment

the actual screen of the lilliput / xenarc is 6" x 3.75" (7" diagonaly)

the casing is slightly larger...5" x 7.4"

I beleive a doubledin spacing is around 7.5" x 4.8"....someone correct me on that last one.

Comment

Originally posted by kickercivic1
              Don't bring your Bull sh1t on this forum.

what bull**** am i bringin, i'd love to know....

Comment

here you can see the akward lip that interferes with a perfect fit. (empty casing, hence the missing buttons and solid black screen)
                Attached Files

Comment

ahhh, i see, that would **** a person off during install........

Comment

cut em off...relocate em...reccess the screen...many many ways to eliminate the problem.

Comment

yea i saw the tutorial on howto relocate the buttons already...

thanks

Comment

anymore questions?

Comment

nope other than that everything is tested and ready to go- just gotta pick a screen, i had an s video output on my video card and ran it like that until i get this new screen but as you could imagine the s video usage makes it look very bad plus no touch screen, i cant wait to get the new screen in and running

thanks a lot

then again......heres a question- why does kickercivic1 have to be a prick??? hmmm thats tough, just like caraudioforums.com i see

Comment

molding it in? or just mounting it?

Comment

molding most likely, that gonna be no prob- i did it once in my buddy's cavalier and it worked out nice

Comment

Working...
                              X