Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this something for the Dutch, European (LCD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this something for the Dutch, European (LCD)

Hi all,

I can get my hands on a few 8,4" Sharp LQ9D03B new LCD TFT panels. Because of the rate we normaly have to pay when we buy overseas, I think I can get these for about 75 Euro (65 usd).

What I like to know,
    - is this something we can use;
    - are people interested.

Let me know

Greetz Raymond.

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: Raymond ]

sign me up for one !

greets

gerard (ehv-NL)
    time for the sig:

'00 VW golf TDI upped to 130 HP - 18" RS 6 wheels - liliput 7" tft in indash housing - epia 10K - SB audigy - caliber 1 fahrad CAP - RF punch amp - hollywood 1.6K mono amp - boston acoustics pro - RF 10" DVD sub

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1617587221

just showing you that 65 usd is way too much for one of these...if you ask me...

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: pinkysqueaks ]
      Athlon 500, 128 MB, ATI Xpert 4MB AGP TV-Out, Sound Blaster Live! Value, 8.4 GB, 2x20 Backlit LCD, Keypower 250 Watt ATX DC-DC, DSchmitd Startup/Shutdown Controller, IRMan + Backlit IR Remote, Custom Keypad, 5.6" NTSC LCD, In-Dash Slot Loading DVD, all installed in an '87 Honda Accord LX-i

Comment

<STRONG>
        just showing you that 65 usd is way too much for one of these...if you ask me...

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: pinkysqueaks ]</STRONG>
        But why can't WE (European guys) buy them!!!
        Look at the shipping remark...

Will ship to United States only. See item description for shipping charges

You guys can buy as much en cheap as you want, but over here you must first find verry hard and then bend over so that they can screw you

Greetz Raymond.

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: Raymond ]

Comment

Raymond, I see your point now. However...if it is money you are trying to save...have fun paying $200+ USD for an LCD controller
          Athlon 500, 128 MB, ATI Xpert 4MB AGP TV-Out, Sound Blaster Live! Value, 8.4 GB, 2x20 Backlit LCD, Keypower 250 Watt ATX DC-DC, DSchmitd Startup/Shutdown Controller, IRMan + Backlit IR Remote, Custom Keypad, 5.6" NTSC LCD, In-Dash Slot Loading DVD, all installed in an '87 Honda Accord LX-i

Comment

pinkysqueaks,

I'm not gonna buy a controller! My future PCM-5822 has an controller onboard.

look wrigth here Advantech

Raymond.

Comment

oh i see, for some reason i was always under the impression that a laptop lcd wouldn't work with those "onboard lcd controllers" can you hook it right up with a cable or are you going to need to hack with the pinouts and such??

Comment

man, I really hope that you can't plug it directly into the board, cause if you can I bought the wrong freakin mobo! Oh well, mine works now so I have already forgotten about what I paid for the controller

Comment

Heej raymond..

Will ship to United States only. See item description for shipping charges
                  this is a default comment which most people don't bother to adjust, just mail the seller and ask him if he will ship to the netherlands.. most do, I allready got a 12,1" tft-touchscreen and a GPS from ebay. Shipping and handling for the GPS was $7 for the tft it was more, something like $15 but that package was 7,5 Kg (compleet monitor,powersupply etc.) so..

BTW if you can get your hands on a cheap PREH-tft monitor.. get it... the controler is a sage controller and can be used for almost al TFT screens

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: marsjell ]

tjeezzz...
                  I just looked at the pricing for the board are you really gonna pay +/- $500 for a motherboard? You can't even upgrade in any way...

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: marsjell ]
                  If at first you don't succeed.........
                  destroy all evidence you tried

for info on t6369c LCD or Presslab's powersupply check:
                  http://www.namms.tk <=updated!!

Comment

Dirtysanchez,

Originally posted by dirtysanchez:
                    <STRONG>man, I really hope that you can't plug it directly into the board, cause if you can I bought the wrong freakin mobo! </STRONG>
                    I've talked to avantech and they have a big range of lcd's that are compatible with a lot of there boards. So, what you need is a board with the proper bios that understand the lcd and ofcourse a cable whith most cases they can deliver.

hope this helps.

BTW: Advantech BeNeLux are very helpfull.

Raymond.

Comment

tjeezzz...
                      I just looked at the pricing for the board are you really gonna pay +/- $500 for a motherboard? You can't even upgrade in any way...

Yeah, I know it's a lot but I have to make something thats very small to fit in my car.
                      VW Beetle. And I want to take it out of the car whenever I want.

Raymond.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond:
                        <STRONG>

Yeah, I know it's a lot but I have to make something thats very small to fit in my car.
                        VW Beetle. And I want to take it out of the car whenever I want.

Raymond.</STRONG>
                        Hi Raymond,
                        I have the PCM 5824 from Advantech for building my own MP3-Player.
                        Its quite ready to assemble it. I put the 5824 under the dash board and connect the TFT with a appr. 60cm cable digital with the 5824 (It Runs!! ). The LCD is a Prime View 6448 AC20 because of high brightness and high contrast in a self made plastic box. The painture is just drying.
                        Have you any expierience with the "improved sound quality" if you put 12V on the audio part?
                        PS: Advantech Germany is not at all helpful or customer oriented (It tooks about 6 months for delivering the 5824, getting the RMA-Number and so on)

Hope to hear you soon

Comment

Hi gagamehl,

Originally posted by gagamehl:
                          <STRONG>Have you any expierience with the "improved sound quality" if you put 12V on the audio part?
                          </STRONG>
                          Like I said earlier, this is my future board. I didn't ordered yet.

So at this point all I have are pdf's.

Advantech told me that they will upgrade the bios with the appropiate driver for the LCD I'm gonna use.

BTW: where did you buy you're LCD and cable, or did you hack the cable.

Raymond

Comment

Working...
                          X