Found LCD, need korean translator :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found LCD, need korean translator :)

not sure if this is the best place to post it but anyway.................

I found some indash monitors I like, problem is, the website is in Korean and even with the online translator, I'm still having trouble working out what is what............

Can someone here help???

1st this one

http://www.1din.net/shop/shopdetail....e=004017000003

then this one

http://www.1din.net/shop/shopdetail....e=002001000005

I'm guessing 1st one is case only, second one is complete unit, but would like some confirmation please.

Also, wha'ts the story with this one?

http://www.1din.net/shop/shopdetail....e=002001000004

Thank in advance.

120 (8.4") and 150 (10.4") cd/m2 will be barely usable in most daylight conditions.

Comment

The last one has a machined aluminum mount for the LCD, I can't read Korean, but that's big money! It's all very nice stuff, I like there front end program too.

Mike
      "Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?"
      Bob Marley

Comment

Been posted before.... like on the other threads the majority said is pricey.

Thanatos.
        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

They may seem pricey, but that's why I wanted more info. Especially on the difference between the first 2.

My thoughts are that if they are touchscreens then the price isn't too bad.

Considering you won't have to hack up your dash to install it - to me, that is a big advantage. When you consider how much time you spend trying to make your install look oem, you buy bondo, fibreglass, sandpaper, primer, paint, etc. all $$$......you then spend hours cutting, sanding, painting, etc. To me, thats all time and time is $$$

The other thing is when you sell your car, all you need to do it pull it out and slide the original unit back in. You can transfer it from one car to another with no mods at all, so that has to save you money in the long run, doesn't it?

And to top it off, it looks OK, for an indash unit. I mean it is a good size screen, IMO better than a 7".

Comment

Originally posted by marenko
            They may seem pricey, but that's why I wanted more info. Especially on the difference between the first 2.

My thoughts are that if they are touchscreens then the price isn't too bad.

Considering you won't have to hack up your dash to install it - to me, that is a big advantage. When you consider how much time you spend trying to make your install look oem, you buy bondo, fibreglass, sandpaper, primer, paint, etc. all $$$......you then spend hours cutting, sanding, painting, etc. To me, thats all time and time is $$$

The other thing is when you sell your car, all you need to do it pull it out and slide the original unit back in. You can transfer it from one car to another with no mods at all, so that has to save you money in the long run, doesn't it?

And to top it off, it looks OK, for an indash unit. I mean it is a good size screen, IMO better than a 7".
            If you read what I mentioned earlier about the really poor brightness, it's not quite a viable solution unless you primarily drive at night. They do seem like a really cool idea and if they sold just the housings that we could fit our own choice of monitors in, it would be great. With their current monitor choices though, I don't see many nor would I suggest anyone getting these.

Comment

Well I just posted that so you can search for the other two post and see what people think about those. (besides the price)

Thanatos.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

I tried searching but didn't come up with anything??? If you recall the posts, a link would be great

As for the brightness, I totally agree!!

But I can't read Korean, thats why I asked for someone who can to help me.

I tried the online translators and got the impression that the first link I posted is just the housing, I mean why else is it less than 1/3 the cost of the monitor in the second link?

What do you think?

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...highlight=1din

Thanatos.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

Thanks Thantos, but I read that thread before I posted. There is nothing in it that is helpfull in regards to the difference between screens in the 1st and 2nd link I posted.

Comment

The first one is lvds the second one is vga,that's the only difference.
                      With the first you have to use a mb with lvds connector,whilst the second have a vga controller so you can use with any mb.
                      I contacted the manufacturer months ago to sell these lcd,but the price ended up to be very high and none wanted them so i abandoned the idea.
                      Download our catalogue here :
                      http://www.noboringstuff.com/catalogoweb.zip

Comment

Thanx 00christian00.

I don't want to sell them, just to buy one for myself. They aren't touchscreen, are they?
                        How did you contact the manufacturer?

Comment

Originally posted by StrataG
                          120 (8.4") and 150 (10.4") cd/m2 will be barely usable in most daylight conditions.
                          Thanks for your input. Is 150cd/m2 really that bad???

I don't know, so I can only go by the pic on their webpage - to me the screen in the pic looks ok. The photo appears to be taken in daylight hours......
                          but if you say it's hardly usable, than it's no point getting one I suppose......

Comment

Originally posted by marenko
                            Thanks for your input. Is 150cd/m2 really that bad???

I don't know, so I can only go by the pic on their webpage - to me the screen in the pic looks ok. The photo appears to be taken in daylight hours......
                            but if you say it's hardly usable, than it's no point getting one I suppose......
                            They may use some special diffusers and what not to make the most of out the brightness. Just to compare, people with the 7" Xenarc's and Lilliputs have 250-300 (with the touchscreen) and complain about not being able to see it well on a sunny day. I have the Xenarc 700TSV in my car now and 35% tint. It is difficult for me to clearly see the buttons on the screen many times on a drive during daytime hours.

Comment

Working...
                            X