Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop LCD

Hey, i'm a total newbie on this with not alot of money

You guy's are spending alot of money on these displays wich is worth it most of the time but i was wondering if it's possible to use the lcd of a laptop ?

It's kinda big but it can get 800x600 with 16bit colors right ? Some people get rid of their old P75 laptop coz it's either to old or the battery is broken or wathever... sometimes you could even get those laptops for free.

Is it or is it not possible to use this in your car ? ...concidering that you would have absolutly no information about this lcd whatsoever. You would just have the screen connected to the motherboard of the laptop...

From what I know you need to buy a controller card for that specific LCD module. Then you can connect it to standard VGA connector. It seems that that is the hardest part, finding the controller. Do a search (it's on the top right of the forum pages) on the site for laptop or something to try and find more info. But, I have a question for you - What kind of vehicle do you have that you're going to fit a laptop screen in? Good luck!
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

<< From what I know you need to buy a controller card for that specific LCD module. Then you can connect it to standard VGA connector. It seems that that is the hardest part, finding the controller. >>

Damn,... i thought that the controller of this display would just be some components that you could find on the laptop mobo ?

<< But, I have a question for you - What kind of vehicle do you have that you're going to fit a laptop screen in? Good luck!>>

Thanks
      Older laptops come with smaller lcd's right ? The newer ones sometimes have 15" lcd's. But i think that i'll be able to find an older laptop with a 10" lcd... i hope

But okay... point well taken I was thinking more of storing this lcd into the glove compartement (spelled allright ?) and put a 20x4 lcd onto the dashboard with a keypad next to the steering wheel.

I'm driving a old ****ed up Peugeot 309 so it doesn't really mind if it's a bit messy :-) By the time i've got enough money to buy myself a new car i guess 6.2" lcd screens will be standard

Comment

Working...
      X