PSOne LCD Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSOne LCD Help

I know there are NUMEROUS threads on this topic, but I just need some basic info. I have no idea how to solder or crimp wires together, so if someone could guide me on that, i'd appreciate it. Also, the motherboard I am trying to use for this project does not have an AGP slot nor does it support PCI Express. I am stuck with using the onboard graphics (ATI RAGE LT Pro) or buying a PCI card to use. Is there a specific PCI card someone can recommend for use with this mod? Also, from what I've read, basically I have to make a VGA cable mod to connect it to the PSOne LCD, and then just tune it with PowerStrip? I am going to be using this as a primary monitor, so will I at least get SOME picture before making PowerStrip changes? Any other help for a n00b to this type of project would be greatly appreciated.

Here you go Noob:
    http://users.adelphia.net/~mowry/lcd.htm

More Info here:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=PSOne
    For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
    Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
    Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

I am having a bit of trouble distinguishing which color wires do what. Obviously my red, blue and green ones are self explanitory. But I have no idea what the hsync and vsync colors are. The colors I have besides the R G and B are yellow, white, orange, and black

Comment

Wire manufactures make different colors for their own uses, not to help people voiding thier warranty by taking apart thier stuff. Only in products that are designed to modified by the end-users (i.e. arcade monitors) do they feel obligated to make things easy, not for PSOne screens and VGA cables.

You're going to have to get, and learn to use, a multi-meter. You can Google for 'how to use multimeter' and it should come up with resources to help get you started.

Comment

Ok, well then can you tell me what readings I should have for the vsync, hsync, and other needed wires then?

Comment

Set it to Ohms or tone and put one lead on the pin that you're trying to find the wire for, then touch the wires in succesion until the Ohm reading goes to 0, or the mulitmeter beeps, and that is wire that goes with that pin. Having a note pad handy would help, so you can associate each signal you're looking for to the correct color. It is rather laborious, but it's the only way to effectively do it. If you need pinouts for VGA or PSX (PSOne), go to www.gamesx.com .

Comment

how are you guys powering these monitors? i have 4 of them, they are 7.5v. are you just using a simple 7.5v psu?
              2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
              Mac Mini
              6" Headrest monitors
              Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors
              And another 15" LCD!

Comment

I use the cig adapter especially make for the screen.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

good idea, ill see which is cheaper.
                  2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
                  Mac Mini
                  6" Headrest monitors
                  Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors