Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD screen on the new Honda Civic

Hey guys.

I've been wanting to purchase the Xenarc 700IDT to put into my Mazda6. I currently have a 7" Lilliput touchscreen, but I'm very unhappy with it. It hasn't failed yet, but its totally unreadable in the daylight or with sunglasses. This is just unacceptable.

So, I'm wondering if the 700IDT is sufficiently better to justify paying $500.

That aside, who makes the LCD found in the new Honda Civic?

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...e=Civic+Hybrid

It looks very bright and judging by the angle at which it's mounted, it's probably daylight readable without being transreflective. I wonder if we could purchase and LCD like this and retrofit it to work in our cars.

Anyways, just wondering if the 700IDT is worth it, considering there might be far brighter LCD's coming out soon. If anyone has more info on newer LCD's, please echo.

Thanks

I like what they've done with the interior a lot.. but god, is the outside awful. =\

Comment

I like the redesigned Civic, it shows a lot more of their Acura base. The hatch does look significantly better than the sedan.

Comment

I liked both. The interior is indeed gorgeous.
        2002 Honda CR-V
        Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
        Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
        ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Honda more than likely uses Alpine screens. This is based on the fact that Alpine has made the navigation systems for honda and acura for several years now.
          The end of the Internet offically begins here...
          www.broke-off.com

Comment

That interior is hideous IMO - everything just looks totally unmatched and unbalanced

Comment

Originally posted by sebberry
              That interior is hideous IMO - everything just looks totally unmatched and unbalanced
              You were just born to hate. That civic looks lot like the acura Tl's. I likr that new look.

Comment

That interior is ****in gorgeous, but the exterior looks like ****. looks sooooo girly.

Comment

the accord 4 door's redesigned tail is so much nicer.

Comment

A friend has one and I really like it! Nice ride, roomy despite its appearance.
                    Hauled three very large bags and three people comfortably.

I like the conservative yet updated look of it as well. You can really see a lot of CD work was done on it in almost ever aspect of the exterior.

Comment

Originally posted by rotarypower101
                      Hauled three very large bags and three people comfortably.
                      at a glance looked like
                      Hauled three very large bags of people comfortably.

Comment

Working...
                      X