Dead Pixel on 700YV !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Pixel on 700YV !!

I thought Xenarc is high quality, specially MP3car sell this item.
    BUT i'm so dissapointed when I see Green Dead Pixel in the center right side of the screen.

Why MP3car DID not check the quality of they ship ?
    I'm in INDONESIA, it's half the world from USA.

I'm so dissapointed !
    I hope I can return this, oh btw. I pay another US65 for the tax.

it's not worthed !
    somebody in MP3com help me out please.

rud

I have bought many LCD monitors over time and everyone I have bought has had a dead pixel. I bought a 14" and recently a 17". Dead pixels seem to be a frequent issue with LCDs. Kinda makes me want to go back to CRTs.
    No one ever said this stuff was easy...The Mobile Desktop
    Progress[**********]

Dolby Digital Real-time Encoding*Desktop Computer*Athlon XP Mobile*ASUS A7N8X Deluxe*Kingston Hyper X*5.25" CDRW and DVD drives*Lilliput 8" LCD*Mag 14" LCD

Comment

xenarc have a no-dea dpixel guarantee. The screens are actually made in Taiwan but Xenarc themselves are in the USA.

Comment

Isn't it the mp3car.com store that has the NDP guarantee? I don't think it's the manufacturer.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

good news for you calico is there is a way how to "repair" dead pixel on TFT screens. It was proven to work on couple of laptops and I do not see reason why it should not work on your Xenarc. And best of all, all you need is PC and PowerPoint . No box openning, no waranty voids, so its definitelly worth to try.

Comment

yeah it could be a stuck pixel

Comment

an interesting reading:
              http://www.monitorshop.co.uk/content...ntID~4543.aspx
              and the guidelines for getting rid of faulty pixels:
              ....skip it I can not find an article anymore. However, this is how it worked for me:
              create a powerpoint presentation of 3 slides, one would be entirely blue page, second entirely red page, third entirely green page (its obvious each page must, when shown, only light up dots of that color so red page should be of R-G-B: 256-0-0, etc...) Then just let the presentation cycle on your display in full screen mode overnight. Each slide should be on screen for about 10 seconds.
              Let us know if it worked for you too.

Comment

you guys are supported much better than mp3car...

I still dissapointed though w mp3car !

I will run that Powerpoint thing in 24 hours, I'll let you know when it smokin or still blind or even getting better.

thank you guys for your support.

regards
                rud

Comment

Originally posted by LagunaICE
                  an interesting reading:
                  ....skip it I can not find an article anymore. However, this is how it worked for me:
                  create a powerpoint presentation of 3 slides, one would be entirely blue page, second entirely red page, third entirely green page (its obvious each page must, when shown, only light up dots of that color so red page should be of R-G-B: 256-0-0, etc...) Then just let the presentation cycle on your display in full screen mode overnight. Each slide should be on screen for about 10 seconds.

I will have to give this a try on my 17" LCD Almost like weight training for pixels
                  No one ever said this stuff was easy...The Mobile Desktop
                  Progress[**********]

Dolby Digital Real-time Encoding*Desktop Computer*Athlon XP Mobile*ASUS A7N8X Deluxe*Kingston Hyper X*5.25" CDRW and DVD drives*Lilliput 8" LCD*Mag 14" LCD

Comment

it's been 7 hours running the slideshow now, no change at all.
                    I do not hink it's gonna work dude !!

dead pixel is a dead pixel.

damn I hate this !

rud

Comment

too bad... it works for many users, just use google to find someones experiences...

Comment

Well, think of it this way: people would be much more dissapointed if they received a box that was previously opened.

Comment

Originally posted by LagunaICE
                          an interesting reading:
                          I'll have to give this a try. I have a single red pixel that drives me nuts. Though wether it was a manufacturing problem or that fact that someone tossed the package 6 feet onto a desk (Don't ask ) I dunno.
                          GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

guys' it's been 12 hours now and counting......

IT DOSN;T WORK DUDE !

now I hate mp3car so much !

rud

Comment

Originally posted by calico
                              guys' it's been 12 hours now and counting......

IT DOSN;T WORK DUDE !

now I hate mp3car so much !

rud
                              Out of curiosity, are you running it for 10 minutes at a time? I did a little reading and most of the links I saw suggested doing it multiple times a second. So I whipped up an 800x600 animated give to cycle at 1/10 a second.

Doesn't look like it's working, but hasn't been that long. Figure it's worth a shot though.

update
                              Here's the animated gif if anyone wants it. If strobing lights gives you convulsions, look elsewhere
                              GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

Working...
                              X