In-dash touch screen vs touch screen overlay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-dash touch screen vs touch screen overlay

Just wondering If it would be cheaper to buy a In-Dash LCD and then add a USB touch screen overlay to it or would buying a in-dash unit with touch screen already on it be cheaper? In-dash screens with touch screen are still rather costly and wonderred if there's a more cost effective solution to those who want touch screen but Have a normal screen. I know you can get 7" touch screen kits but are they worth getting? Are they any good?

Thanks.
    CAR INFO HERE
    "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

bump for good question..

Comment

Well, the in-dash touchscreen I bought was $340 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by vxcarpc
        Just wondering If it would be cheaper to buy a In-Dash LCD and then add a USB touch screen overlay to it or would buying a in-dash unit with touch screen already on it be cheaper? In-dash screens with touch screen are still rather costly and wonderred if there's a more cost effective solution to those who want touch screen but Have a normal screen. I know you can get 7" touch screen kits but are they worth getting? Are they any good?

Thanks.
        You are asking about using a Motorized Non-VGA screen, and then putting a usb touchscreen on it.... right?

Peace,

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

Yeah non-motor version in-dash. What I want to know is it worth pulling apart my in-dash screen and applying an overlay kit to make it touch screen or would it just be cheaper to buy a touch screen. Those in-dash touch screens do seem to cist a lot.

I'm looking for something liek this:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44703

If anybody has one I'll buy it for $60.. I wanna add touch screen functionality to my screen without it breaking my bank.
          CAR INFO HERE
          "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

Dose any one know where to get a TS overlay for a 7" screen... lol i can get em for 50"+ but not 7"...
            WTF i dont want a 50" Screen in my DASH???

Comment

Not sure if he's still around, or if he's still selling them, but shoot surgie2 a private message asking about them. I bought a 7" touch screen overlay from him last year. I haven't installed it yet, but the quality looks really good and he provided drivers as well. Good luck!
              2007 Nissan Maxima - Worklog

Comment

Hey...you can use a touch screen overlay for an EEE PC on ebay its 7" and can also be bought with a USB Controller

Comment

Working...
                X