No announcement yet.

Xenarc 700TSV - Intermittent no video after loading windows screen?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc 700TSV - Intermittent no video after loading windows screen?

I recently installed my car pc. I have a Xenarc 700TSV monitor and VIA EPIA SP13000 mobo. I am using the 16ft Xenarc combo cable.

Everything is installed and works fine except every other time or so when the car is first turned on the computer starts loading windows, and just about the time it's supposed to go to the desktop the monitor stops recieving video. The light on the monitor flashes and the monitor still has power from the computer. The monitor allways turns on for atleast the bios and windows loading screen. Sometimes I get lucky and it works fine and loads the windows desktop.

I assumed it was a driver issue and so I reformatted. I thought I had it beat until I came back to the car the next day and the issue was back. It seems to work on the second try, I manualy turn of the car computer using a power switch I have wired and when I turn it back on it usually comes up. Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried an external monitor on the car pc and it works fine everytime. My next thing is to try hooking a laptop to the monitor and see if it comes on after the monitor shuts off on startup. The monitor seems to work fine other than this problem.

Thanks for any help. I have searched and come up empty handed.

yep I had teh same problem, about 50% of the time I would get no image, but the touchscreen would still work by pressing locations by remembering where the buttons are.
    I RMA'd it to Xenarc and they replaced the control board.

Thanks for the info. I'll contact them for an RMA. Anyone else having/had this problem?