Mp3car MTSVO-SC Fully motorized VGA Touch Screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3car MTSVO-SC Fully motorized VGA Touch Screen

Just got this unit last Friday, installed it Saturday and it works flawlessly. Touch screen works every time. I guess I started this post because I'm curious why more people aren't buying these. It's also supported by this site so if anything goes wrong who better to have but mp3car.com. I love this unit.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2045209

Got any pictures to show how flush it is with the dash when closed? I'm interested to see.
    My Car: 2001 Mazda MP3
    My OLD Carputer project: Here
    Completion Progress Bar: [**********100%]
    Current build! Here
    Completion Progress Bar: [*********99%]

Comment

You should put a review in the 'review' section

This screen can auto power on right?

Comment

Yes it will auto power on, it will come back to were it was turned off at. So if it was up it will come back up on the next start up or stay down. The picture is excellent and the touch screen is perfect. It cuts off every time you change sources or shut the screen but comes right back when you bring the screen back up. I have had no problems with it since I installed it. This should be the need to get item for anyone who want a car computer and monitor. I haven't taken any pictures yet but I have a 01 Yukon XL and I placed it on the bottom console. I had to do some modifications to get it were the old tape deck use to be. It fit's in there perect and flush. When I get everything up and running like I wanat I will do a review. Oh by the way, you don't need to connect the green wire for the vga to work but if you want your other sources to work ie av1 and av2 the green wire must be grounded.
        http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2045209

Comment

I have 2 of these actually and there are some problems with them. the surround bezel is cheap and always looks as if it about to fall off. Of the 3 I have had RMA'd 1 all 3 have had tiny little itsy bitsy bubbles in the rubber coating that goes over the screen. That same rubber coating gets chewed up very easily by fingernails and attacts gime like a mofo. The monitor looks great minus the little bubbles very clear and crisp best picture quality I have seen. Most of the TS monitors have that translucent sheet which just doesn't make for great picture quality but this one is crystal clear so it does pick up a little more glare but at night it is dead sexy.

The motor is very very slow probably the biggest complaint I get is how slow it is. It is fully controlled by 12 volt so when ever it sees a signal it turns on and pops out but it also goes in everytime it turns off which IMO is just something to break over time plus since it's so slow it feels like it takes forever when you just jump in the car to go to the store. Oh and I don't know about yours but both of mine just start freaking out with random jibberish on the screen when I would use the tilt function.

Overall I would give it a 6.5 out of 10 and unfortunately I wouldn't buy another one even with the great screen quality. Sorry fellas

Edit: LinuxRacer in a typical install it sticks out alot like and inch or more the collar is prolly 3/4" and then the monitor sticks out another 1/4' maybe even a little more.

Comment

So it pretty much it sticks out like my Xenarc 700IDT?
            My Car: 2001 Mazda MP3
            My OLD Carputer project: Here
            Completion Progress Bar: [**********100%]
            Current build! Here
            Completion Progress Bar: [*********99%]

Comment

Working...
            X