Getting 800x480 on my Xenarc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting 800x480 on my Xenarc

So after 3 days of trying and trying different things I'm starting to wonder if my monitor is the problem or am I just doing something wrong.

First of all, the screen does not detect it's "Native" 800x480 at all..

I can get a custom one and force it to display that but all the text looks like crap.. I tried to take a screen shot of what it looks like but apparently it looks fine on my main pc.. I did take a picture with my camera to show you the difference and how it looks like on the screen.. So my question is.. is it the monitor or am I missing something with the settings?
    Attached Files

and here is the actual pic that looks on the monitor... I've circled areas where you can tell the text being all weird.. and believe me in person it's a lot worse
    Attached Files

Comment

What is the resolution that the xenarc reports on the screen? Using powerstrip and a radeon AIW VE I can get the xenarc to display 800x480 at 61hz and it looks pretty sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by KimaX
        What is the resolution that the xenarc reports on the screen? Using powerstrip and a radeon AIW VE I can get the xenarc to display 800x480 at 61hz and it looks pretty sharp.
        Well I'll be damned.. there was a checkbox in the Nvidia Properties (Display Mode Timing) that says "Enable doublescan for lower resolution modes"

The screen says some crazy big resolution of 1200 but it can't be right.. o well... this looks good enough!

-Emo

Comment

Use powerstrip to add the custom resolution. That's what I did with my ati 9200
          It reports the correct resolution though
          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
          X