what are these for???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are these for???

i think my inverter is bad, but i don't know how to test it.....
    Attached Files

those are possibly secondary input connectors, or audio in and out connectors.
    What maeks you suspect a bad inverter?
    you will need an ohm meter capable of 1000v+ ac to test the output of the inverter. note, this is AC voltage, not DC. use extreme caution, or refer to someone qualified to diagnose for you if you are not comfortable with high AC voltage.

Comment

pm sent to you.. motorcity

Comment

motorcity why exactly would you need a multimeter which measures 1000v+ ac?
        REBUILDING!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonknell911
          motorcity why exactly would you need a multimeter which measures 1000v+ ac?
          Because the inverter outputs ~1000VAC.

But you could just use a multimeter to confirm that the inputs to the inverter are OK. If you find the inputs are OK, but the inverter still isn't functioning correctly, you could infer that the inverter or CCFL is bad.

But it's my understanding that the CCFL is more likely to fail than the inverter. So, without measuring the inverter's output, you can only guess at which component to replace.

Comment

well i'm getting 12 or so volts going into the inverter and nothing coming out....so I think it is fried....we'll see..i have one coming in the mail today...i'll let you know...

Comment

there is normally a fuse on Xenarc inverters. Up near the inputs. looks like a resistor or diode but will be labelled FXXX

Comment

how do i tell if it's blown??

Comment

Originally posted by joelw23
                  how do i tell if it's blown??
                  For a fuse, check for continuity.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

ok i did that and the alarm sounded....

Comment

continuity is good on the new inverter, but still nothing on the screen.....i know the screen is good because i tested it on my 700Y controller board....i'm thinking it's something on the controller board...

Comment

could you take some closer pictures of the invreter in high resolution ? in order to see if a composant is died.
                        New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                        Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                        Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

well here is the deal....i got a new inverter and it still doesn't work......

Comment

Originally posted by eCar™
                            Because the inverter outputs ~1000VAC.
                            I'm sorry but there is no way that it outputs 1000 volts AC. Maybe more towards 110/120.
                            REBUILDING!!

Comment

Do you have any info on the inverter? Specifically the pinout?

Besides power and ground, your inverter may have a "sleep" signal. Meaning that there needs to be a voltage there to tell the inverter to turn on.

Comment

Working...
                              X