Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunvisor wiring?

Hey guys,

I have the sun visor removed from my truck. I tore out the lighted vanity mirror and I'm going to install my HU faceplate on the visor. I tried pulling the old wires back through the hollow arm on the visor and they won't budge. Somehow I need to feed my wire for my HU back through the hollow arm and my thought was to use the old wires to pull it through.

Needless to say....I'm stuck. Is there a trick to pulling my wiring into the visor? It looks like it would be a real bugger to try and open (unfold) the visor without damaging it.

Ideas?
    8" Lilli TS
    MB896F Mini-ITX MB
    2GHZ Dothan 533MHz FSB CPU
    1GB SDRAM DDR2 533
    Seagate 300GB SATA150 HD
    ENGENIUS WiFi MINI-PCI CARD 802.11A B 400MW OUT
    Pioneer Slot Load SLIM DVDRW
    Bluetooth V2 USB 2 Dongle
    3COM BKP Cam

use a single scrap pc. of wire, feed it through, then tape it around the bulk of wires you are trying to pull. You could also use decent test fishing line. I am assuming of course that you can feed a single wire without issues. The bend in the arm may be too tight to feed a lot of wires. Sounds like quite a project you have. You may also consider using a smaller diameter vga cable, chop the ends, and feed it through. Then, simply make your connections.

Comment

Motorcity,

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up having to open up the visor. I have the faceplate all installed and now I have to run to the hardware store for some epoxy to glue the visor back together.

I'll post pics when its done.
      8" Lilli TS
      MB896F Mini-ITX MB
      2GHZ Dothan 533MHz FSB CPU
      1GB SDRAM DDR2 533
      Seagate 300GB SATA150 HD
      ENGENIUS WiFi MINI-PCI CARD 802.11A B 400MW OUT
      Pioneer Slot Load SLIM DVDRW
      Bluetooth V2 USB 2 Dongle
      3COM BKP Cam

Comment

Working...