Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which has less ghosting? VGA Extension or Bus Mouse Extension cable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which has less ghosting? VGA Extension or Bus Mouse Extension cable?

I suppose the title asks the question.

Which gives less ghosting, assuming both are of good quality cable, a bus mouse extension or vga extension cable?

I purchased what seemed to be a high quality vga extension cable (it said high quality, and looks high quality, and cost me a high quality amount of money) but I get some ghosting. Would it go away with a bus mouse cable?

Thanks!
    1997 Saturn SL2 Car PC Status [..........] 0% Complete (Removed)
    1999 Honda Accord Car PC Status [::::::::..] 80% Complete (Setting up software before final install)

You mean sending your VGA-signal over another type of cable?

Depends on the cable I guess.

The whole ghosting thing is also dependant on the strength of the signal from the videocard and the resolution...
    List of front-ends/usefull apps
    XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

the lilliput has a breakaway cable that you can apparently connect a bus mouse extension cable in between. i forgot to mention that for anyone unfamilliar with the lilliput sorry
      1999 Honda Accord Car PC Status [::::::::..] 80% Complete (Setting up software before final install)

Comment

low power or bad ground can also change things...

Comment

I would hazard a guess at the VGAcausing less problems as there isn't any other wire running with it, i.e. USB.

Comment

cool i havent tried it in car yet (the vga cable) but im about to in a few minutes! hopefully it ghosts less in there

Comment

How long of a cable did you buy?

Comment

10' which is about perfect in length.

I also want to say that the ghosting isnt horrible and doesnt bother me much, but it's there.

Comment

You shouldnt get ghosting on a lilliput over a decent 10' cable unless you try to use a res higher than 1024x768.

Comment

It happens though. I am getting ghosting since adding a new no name 6 footer to my lillis cable. . . I am searching for a solution... surely ppl have found a way to deal with this. . . Most ppl put there puter in the rear and the screen in the front. . . and have to extend. . . .. Suggestions are welcomed. .
                    Ebay Carputer support forum and show off thread

Comment

Working...
                    X