US suppliers of LinITX/TView screens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US suppliers of LinITX/TView screens?

Yo! Very long time, no post. Distractions, distractions!

After taking a year off, I've picked up the carputer bug again and have done my homework. I've decided to go with a LinITX/TView display but am having a problem which I never thought I'd face: I can't seem to FIND them for sale in the US!

I've found LinITX for sale at linitx.com, but that carries a pretty hefty shipping charge. A couple of late nights with Google hasn't turned up much else. Can anyone help me out with a link to a US/Canadian supplier of these screens? Just seems crazy that I can't find a reseller in the States.

Many thanks,

noob
    Progress: |||||--------
    +Finished prelim. tests and measurements
    +Ordered parts
    +Installed/configured laptop with good ol' Win98SE
    -Waiting on backordered touchscreen
    +Fabricating I/O panel

It's the same thing as this. http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=47

Comment

dynamix computers or here http://www.millertech.com/computer-lcds.htm same stuff as the one i have

Comment

LinITX has an 8" widescreen. Haven't seen that for sale anywere else.
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by Zip-Lock
          Actually, I don't think it is. The screen on MP3Car makes no mention of auto power on, auto switch to reverse camera or having the 5m 3in1 cable.

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
          : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
          : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Originally posted by Curly_cat
            Actually, I don't think it is. The screen on MP3Car makes no mention of auto power on, auto switch to reverse camera or having the 5m 3in1 cable.
            It's the same just the product description needs to be updated to include those features. The buttons on the faceplate have a very slight difference too.

Comment

It's the same just the product description needs to be updated to include those features. The buttons on the faceplate have a very slight difference too.
              Thanks for the help, everyone! I'm actually looking for the 8" display more than a 7" but Dynamix seems to have 'em and, as of today (wow - just added), so does MP3Car.

Zip-Lock - Though like the 7" I'm sure the newly added 8" is the newer one with the auto-on, but just checking to be sure since it doesn't say so.
              +Ordered parts
              +Fabricating I/O panel

Comment

Originally posted by jjghost
                Zip-Lock - Though like the 7" I'm sure the newly added 8" is the newer one with the auto-on, but just checking to be sure since it doesn't say so.
                I'm not 100% sure. I'll test it tomorrow.

Comment

Zip, I am itching to get this 8" screen from you guys. Are they in stock? And since they are 6.4" tall it will be a tough fit where I want to put it in my dash. Is the housing easily removed and how tall would it be then? Thanks!
                  Windows XP is ****!!!
                  AMD Sempron 3000+, ASRockVM800, 256MB, 250GB 3.5", DVDRW+, WIFIg, m2-atx, Lilliput 8", RR, GoogleEarth
                  Need: daylight viewable screen!

Comment

Originally posted by NoTicketsPlease
                    Zip, I am itching to get this 8" screen from you guys. Are they in stock? And since they are 6.4" tall it will be a tough fit where I want to put it in my dash. Is the housing easily removed and how tall would it be then? Thanks!
                    They are in stock now. I haven't taken one apart so I can't speak about that.

Comment

Hey zip-lock do yall plan to offer the 8" widescreen monitor sometime soon.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure. I'll test it tomorrow.
                        Is it tomorrow yet?
                        +Ordered parts
                        +Fabricating I/O panel

Comment

well I think Tomorrow have came and Go isn't !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Zip Lock,

I have the older one, once i removed the case i lost 2cm to 2.6cm in the size of area required. About 5mil top, 1.5cm - 2cm botton, and 5mm each side of the screen

neil
                            P4 Celeron 2.2 - 512MB - OPUS 250 - Audigy SE - BU353 - HQCT - No Speakers though :-(

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the sp7 which mp3car sells is the same as the LinITX 7", and the LinITX 7" PLUS is the one with the auto power on..

i'm waaaaaaaaay to tired to even go on their site to see.. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X