No announcement yet.

Laptop native LC to VGA connectivity...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop native LC to VGA connectivity...

Sorry in advance if this has been answered before, but I couldnt find it.
    I am currently chopping up a p3 1.3ghz laptop into my glovebox mated to a SP 7" Touchscreen LCD. I am lucky that it has a VGA output on the back but I was wondering if its at all possible to use the output on the motherboard that used to run the native 15" LCD screen to run the 7" monitor?
    Its a flat slimline 20 pin connection with 2 pins missing... do you know of a way to convert this cable to work the 7" VGA input?

Thanks everyone.

anyone??? this question has never been asked before.

Comment

I bet you need a port replicator fot the laptop.
      It might help if you provide more details other than the CPU speed. Make/Model might help. Photos would help, as well.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Its a clevo 2700T

30GB HDD, DVD ROM, sis 630 chipset with integrated video/sound. There are to inputs to the normal LCD screen, one for power/brightness i believe, and the other to carry the video signal. Ill try and get some piccies today up.

Do you know if laptops from that era, if the cideo signal to the LCD monitor was DVI or LCD, im sure it could somehow be plugged into a normal VGA input.

Cheers

Comment

I'm pretty certain it would be a standard VGA output.
          However, I don't know if you'll be able to utilize that without the port replicator, if that's the way your laptop is configured.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
            bet you need a port replicator fot the laptop.
            It might help if you provide more details other than the CPU speed. Make/Model might help. Photos would help, as well.

Originally posted by DarquePervert
            I'm pretty certain it would be a standard VGA output.
            However, I don't know if you'll be able to utilize that without the port replicator, if that's the way your laptop is configured.
            umm, he is asking if he can use the laptop's onboard lcd controller to power another 7" vga monitor. Meaning, he wants to use LVDS into VGA. This will not, Repeat NOT happen unless your laptop controller will support the 7" lcd panel direct. You can't make that connector into a standard VGA port.
            Your laptop has a vga port on the back, and that will be all the vga output that laptop board is going to give you. In order for you to run 2 lcd monitors off of 1 computer, you will need a video card with dual optputs.
            Unless of course there are port replicators out there that provide dual vga out. I have never seen this, but that does not mean it does not exist.

Not trying to crap on you DP.

Comment

Originally posted by simvegas
              I am lucky that it has a VGA output on the back
              Why don't you want to use the VGA output that is already there and will work just fine with your 7" monitor?
              7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
              ATVMS.com

Comment

its easy as anything to get duplicate signals. Just get a vga splitter and your done. I have done this many times and works fine. it will only reconise one monitor though.
                Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
                planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
                parts___[++++++----] around 60%
                install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

Yea I am going to run the 7" out the VGA now. I was just hoping to hookup another screen as well so I could use both, like one for frontend and one for NAV. I might still do this, having the original 15" on a ball swivel on the passenger side of the dash so I can face it to me, pretty hard to miss street directions on a 15 i imagine. Will be crazy either way.
                  Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X