Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need lilliput experts...or anyones help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need lilliput experts...or anyones help.

okay here's my story.....my carputer was running fine.....(don't most stories start that way?? )then my touch screen started going....I thought that maybe the plug was coming loose because I drive on a lot of bumpy streets...(but we all know the truth the touch screen was dieing) SOO I opened up my lil to check it out I've had it open and fully apart before so I know what I'm doing. all my connections were good so I put everything back together. when I got the freaking thing back in my car I had the freaking infamous white screen (remember all I did was take off the 4 screws lift up the back and take a look at the touchscreen wire) so I opened it up again just to make sure I didn't accidentally disconnect a wire or pull the ribbon cable out a little bit...nothing....so I inspected my ribbon and there was a fold in it that looked like it may also have a slight brake in it.....SO I ordered a new ribbon from armen hoping that was the problem.
    Well I got the ribbon in the mail today...(fast shipping and great customer service) and when I first looked at it there were little brown spots in about 3 or 4 places (looked like slight burn makes??) but I figured it was just miss-coloring on it....but when I hooked everything up my screen still didn't work...but now instead of a solid white screen like I was getting I have 3 or 4 white stripes on the screen that are bout a half inch wide. So something is different with the new wire but I don't know if I STILL have a bad wire....also when I turn the screen off and then back on again I still have the stripes but they will be in a different spot on the screen....
    anyone have any ideas or suggestions??? (and the last thing I want to hear is donate it

Originally posted by tiburonputer
    okay here's my story.....my carputer was running fine.....(don't most stories start that way?? )then my touch screen started going....I thought that maybe the plug was coming loose because I drive on a lot of bumpy streets...(but we all know the truth the touch screen was dieing) SOO I opened up my lil to check it out I've had it open and fully apart before so I know what I'm doing. all my connections were good so I put everything back together. when I got the freaking thing back in my car I had the freaking infamous white screen (remember all I did was take off the 4 screws lift up the back and take a look at the touchscreen wire) so I opened it up again just to make sure I didn't accidentally disconnect a wire or pull the ribbon cable out a little bit...nothing....so I inspected my ribbon and there was a fold in it that looked like it may also have a slight brake in it.....SO I ordered a new ribbon from armen hoping that was the problem.
    Well I got the ribbon in the mail today...(fast shipping and great customer service) and when I first looked at it there were little brown spots in about 3 or 4 places (looked like slight burn makes??) but I figured it was just miss-coloring on it....but when I hooked everything up my screen still didn't work...but now instead of a solid white screen like I was getting I have 3 or 4 white stripes on the screen that are bout a half inch wide. So something is different with the new wire but I don't know if I STILL have a bad wire....also when I turn the screen off and then back on again I still have the stripes but they will be in a different spot on the screen....
    anyone have any ideas or suggestions??? (and the last thing I want to hear is donate it
    Donate it.

Comment

Originally posted by tiburonputer

Two things.....

spend an hour or so playing with the ribbon cable. Seating and reseating both sides. If you are careful you can do it with the power on although it isn't recomended.

If that doesn't work all is not lost. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=66471&page=2

if you dont want to bother then i am interested in buying it
      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Working...
      X