Lilliput motorized monitor as radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput motorized monitor as radio

I have checked out the Lilliput motorized monitor (model # GL701-NP/C/T) (URL: http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=206) and like what it has to offer. It seems that this unit can effectively replace a HU since it has an internal amplifier with 4x45 w channel outputs.

The only thing it doesn't mention is a CD player. It seems that it would be able to play CDs since it has the capability to play DVDs and VCDs. Or am I mistaken in that assumption? Can this thing play CDs, or will I have to use some other means to play CDs, such as another HU, or possibly engineering an external CD drive connected to the carputer somehow?
    Check out my GMC Savana worklog.

Remaining tasks to facilitate vanputer installation codename "Enterprise":
    - Edit skin to liking.
    - Get compatible phone for mobilephone.net.
    - Facilitate HVAC control.

Oops, I accidentally posted this in the wrong folder. Could someone please move this to the correct folder for me? Thank you.

- Edit skin to liking.

Comment

The description of that monitor is very misleading. I believe it only does FM radio, yet it mentions AM/FM in the description once.

Also, it does not have a CD/DVD player built in, the description just says it is capable of showing the video from an external CD/DVD player (even though it mentions DVD/VCD player as one of its possible applications).
      So it cannot play CD's at all, nor DVDs without an external DVD player.
      Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Do you still think this unit could replace an aftermarket CD player head unit as long as a cd/dvd drive is used, or would an aftermarket cd player head unit be necessary to supplement this device?

- Edit skin to liking.

Comment

You would need a source for the CD/DVD. Could the drive of the computer provide that? You bet.
          Could you use an aftermarked CD/DVD player? You bet.

Take your pick.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
          X