DWW-700M automatically closing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWW-700M automatically closing

I am having some problems with the DWW-700M. When I am driving, it automatically closes without any prompt. When I hit the button, it opens back up and the time remains intact and does not reset back to 12:00 as if there was a power loss. It may take seconds or tens of minutes for this problem to happen again. Is anyone experiencing this problem?

Also, when the unit is closed, I can hear noises coming from it as it the motor is attempting to operate. I have no clue.

I have tried to contact DWW through email and telephone calls and have not received any reply.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Berg

Originally posted by Berg997
    I am having some problems with the DWW-700M. When I am driving, it automatically closes without any prompt. When I hit the button, it opens back up and the time remains intact and does not reset back to 12:00 as if there was a power loss. It may take seconds or tens of minutes for this problem to happen again. Is anyone experiencing this problem?

Also, when the unit is closed, I can hear noises coming from it as it the motor is attempting to operate. I have no clue.

I have tried to contact DWW through email and telephone calls and have not received any reply.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Berg

You should not be losing the time when the unit is off. This leads me to think that there is a problem in your wiring.

Make sure that your constant power is properly connected. Next, make sure that your switched power is properly connected. Please to determine which wire is which. Also make sure the unit is properly grounded.

To me it sounds like you are losing switched power for some reason. Check all the connections. I bet one of them is loose. How did you make the connections to your car. Check those as well.

Did you mod the unit for "automatic out" or to disable the clock lights?

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Keep buggin the hell out of DWW till you get a response, It could be , which if it is...hook the yellow with your red, and black and green together...so the clock dosent reset....but it could be a defective one or maybe something happened while it was on the way to you. Mine has a small small small small little scratch in the corner...was going to ship it in for another one but its hardly hardly hardly noticable...so just kept it, works great!....good luck with your unit

Comment

umm... he said his clock DOES NOT reset.

My guess is that one of the position switches that indicates where the screen is at in the open/close process is not working. So, it keeps trying correct itself. Hitting bumps (or just normal road roughness) might be knocking the switches around and making the lcd think it is somewhere in between, so it closes.

Or it could be the open button itself (the one you push) might be in there too tight.

Also, do a visual check to see if one side of the screen (actually the tray under the screen) is not out more than the other. Might have jumped a track.

Try pulling the tray out a little more when it is open, but be careful, you do not want to break any gears. Then close it and open it and see if anything changed.

Scott
        http://sonatapc.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by RetroPlayer
          umm... he said his clock DOES NOT reset.

My guess is that one of the position switches that indicates where the screen is at in the open/close process is not working. So, it keeps trying correct itself. Hitting bumps (or just normal road roughness) might be knocking the switches around and making the lcd think it is somewhere in between, so it closes.

Or it could be the open button itself (the one you push) might be in there too tight.

Also, do a visual check to see if one side of the screen (actually the tray under the screen) is not out more than the other. Might have jumped a track.

Try pulling the tray out a little more when it is open, but be careful, you do not want to break any gears. Then close it and open it and see if anything changed.

Scott

Yes, he said it does not reset, but NORMALLY it does.

I have a feeling that he has connected both the red and yellow together. When the red and yellow loses power briefly, the unit recycles, but since the power interuption is very short, the caps don't discharge, so he doesn't lose the clock settings.

While all of your suggestions are good and possible, the OP should install the unit correctly, and trouble shoot power issues first. If it is installed correctly, and he still has issues, he should move on to your suggestions.

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I guess I don't understand how you have come to that conclusion with the information presented. But if it is actually something that simple, then great - certainly, my guess is a much worse case scenario.

On a related note, I just installed the Ebay version of this monitor in my car and it is working great. Red to ACC, Yellow to +Batt, Green & Black to GND. I also installed a DVD/DIVX/MP3 player and was just watching a Divx CD on the monitor. I am quite impressed. Now, I just need to put my CarPC back in the car and check out the VGA/Touchscreen.

A word to the wise, perhaps: be careful with what mount you screw into the sides. I had taken a single-din mounting kit and screwed it into the sides of the screen chassis. Apparently the screws were a little long and gouged into the space between the screen. The screen wouldn't open and the power started cycling on and off. I removed the screws and all is well now, except now I have 4 little dents in the screens plastic...arrgggh! Moral of the story....cut the screws down or get shorter screws!

Scott McDonnell
            http://sonatapc.blogspot.com

Comment

I am starting to think that it might be a loose connection. Bumps do cause it to close. I just need to find a nice day and the time to take the car apart. I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
              X