One of you smart guys can help me with this lilliput problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of you smart guys can help me with this lilliput problem

WHy is it that sometimes I get a "OVER RANGE" message on boot. Mainly in the morning when I start the car. WHen it is coming out of hibernation I get an OVER RANGE message then a blank black screen. I can hear my music and everything, just can't see anything. When I reboot, then it works fine.

What exactly does this mean?

It usually does this on the colder days.

sometimes with my lilli i have a problem,i can see the green light showing power,but no image, i just turn it off and then back on,and i get image again is rare when that happends but it does.
    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed
      WHy is it that sometimes I get a "OVER RANGE" message on boot. Mainly in the morning when I start the car. WHen it is coming out of hibernation I get an OVER RANGE message then a blank black screen. I can hear my music and everything, just can't see anything. When I reboot, then it works fine.

What exactly does this mean?

It usually does this on the colder days.
      you already answered your own question.
      LCD panels are picky, they don't like the cold. When you fire up an lcd panel in cold ambient temperatures, the transistor array does not respond quick enough. Most lcd panels are only specified to operate above 35 degrees F.

Comment

"OVER RANGE" means that a VGA signal was sensed, but the video card is attempting to use a refresh rate beyond or below the specifications of the monitor. I think it can also mean resolution above or below specification. Basically, a timing problem. The monitor can't sync with the VGA signal, but knows it is there.

That only answers part of your question, however. I am not sure why it does this only on the colder days, or why rebooting fixes the problem. It could be as motorcity has said, though I have yet to experience any problems with my carputer or the 2 different LCDs I have used in Michigan where it gets VERY cold.

I think the common key here is the HIBERNATION. Perhaps the video card does not support this properly or it is not set up properly in BIOS? Does this ONLY happen when coming out of hibernation? I would pull on that thread a little and look at your bios and windows settings with regards to hibernation.

You might try just powering the monitor on and off without rebooting, if you haven't already. See if that makes a difference.

Scott McDonnell
        http://sonatapc.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X