Lilliput problem: Fades to white then black

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput problem: Fades to white then black

I took my Lilli apart to mount in a bezel, now when I plug in the power cord, the screen starts with white dots that grow to cover the screen, then black dots grow to cover the screen. I tried reseating the ribbon cable, but nothing.

Here's what it looks like:

Any help is appreciated.
    in progress

ugh......i havent had to take my lilliput apart yet.......but now i do (****in touchscreen went retarded in a matter of minutes)......anyway......did you make sure the ribon is all the way to the left?.....its mis-sized
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

Actually mine goes up and down, but I'll try to put it to one side or the other. Good luck with yours. Very disheartening to power it up and get nothing.
      in progress

Comment

mines been doing good for just under a year now.....i've actually had the monitor a little longer then that.....but the PC has been installed since easter of last year............the left side of the screen doesnt respond now
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log

Comment

Not sure what to tell you, but I get something similar sometimes when switching modes.

I also noticed that happened today when I was cranking the car. What are you powering it with?
          GE Cache Builder | [email protected] |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

is that a common thing that happens after a few years of use?
            SleepingZ.com website of the Camaro
            LS1Tech.com member, sycotic_reject

...noob...for now :)

Comment

Originally posted by shotgunefx
              Not sure what to tell you, but I get something similar sometimes when switching modes.

I also noticed that happened today when I was cranking the car. What are you powering it with?
              Right now, straight from the ac/dc converter. It's out of the car. Same one I've been using to test the system with. But it does make me wonder if it's a power problem, not a ribbon cable problem.

Anyone else know anything about the ribbon cable mount not being fit right? I've had mine for over a year now with no problems, guess I'm not so good at getting this thing back together.
              in progress

Comment

bump for Monday
                in progress

Comment

Originally posted by PootsworthIII
                  bump for Monday
                  Poot, you suck. You jinxed me

I took out my lilliput to test out the glare screen and I've got a very similar problem now.
                  GE Cache Builder | [email protected] |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

Fixed it.

My lilliput won't work until it's near 45 degrees upright.

Give it a try as it looks like you layed it flat out too.

update, actually around 30 degrees.

Comment

poot,
                      this might not help, but i had similar symptoms. i got the white dots growing around the screen. what would happen was that it would be turned on and fine. then one of two things happened. either the screensaver kicked on, or windows would shut off monitor (from the control panel/power options/ turn monitor off : after x mins). but since you can't even get it turned on, this probalbly won't help. maybe a power issue you like i said. i just thought i would throw that out and in case it helps.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll try these things when I get home and update you.
                        in progress

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll try these things when I get home and update you.
                          A little update. It wasn't the positioning that was causing the problem (which I thought was really weird), it is indeed the wiring. If it gets twisted just so, I get the problem you have.

Comment

Which wiring? The ribbon cable?
                            in progress

Comment

Which wiring? The ribbon cable?
                              The main cable harness that plugs in the back of the unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X