Matrox Dual/TripleHead2Go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Dual/TripleHead2Go

Has anyone used the new Matrox Dual/TripleHead2Go.. i dont know what you would call it, a video multiplexor? you attach your 1 video card to to the input, and you can attach 2 or 3 monitors to the output, it tricks your computer into thinking those 2 or 3 monitors are 1 big monitor.

I think this would be awesome, you could have an entire dash as 1 big screen, like those concept cars, thats just one possible idea. Anyways, I figured I would let the news out on this, for people who havent heard about it yet.

[Dual Head 2 Go]
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/offhome/dh2go/home.cfm

[Triple Head 2 Go]
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/offhome/th2go/home.cfm
    Hey Laserlips, your momma was a snowblower!!

I have two 19" LCD monitors on my desk. They act as one big desktop and I can move things back and forth between the monitors using my mouse. But if I click on something like Internet explorer and select full screen it goes full screen on only one monitor - which is the way that you usually want it to work. I can be writing a software program on one screen and looking at the running program on the other screen. Its sweet!
    8" Lilli TS
    MB896F Mini-ITX MB
    2GHZ Dothan 533MHz FSB CPU
    1GB SDRAM DDR2 533
    Seagate 300GB SATA150 HD
    ENGENIUS WiFi MINI-PCI CARD 802.11A B 400MW OUT
    Pioneer Slot Load SLIM DVDRW
    Bluetooth V2 USB 2 Dongle
    3COM BKP Cam

Comment

Daisy Chain

I'm wondering if it would be possible to daisy chain these matrox multiplexors or whatever they are, so you could have 1 dual, and then 2 triples and have 6 monitors!, mwahahahaha, lol.

Comment

I can do the same thing with a splitter cable. Why is this so cool?
        Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
        planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
        parts___[++++++----] around 60%
        install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

You cant connect say 3 monitors to 1 videocard and have the OS think its 1 big monitor, with just a splitter cable.

Comment

Certainly interesting:
            "TripleHead2Go is not a graphics card but an external box that harnesses your system's existing graphics solution (including SLI™) for rendering of all 2D, 3D and video, and adds multi-monitor support. TripleHead2Go appears to your system as an ultra-widescreen 3840x1024* monitor and simply connects to your computer via a standard analog VGA monitor cable. Using Matrox patent-pending technology, TripleHead2Go then splits the 3840 x 1024 Microsoft® Windows® desktop into three separate 1280 x 1024 screens of information, and displays across three independent 1280 x 1024 monitors. There is no image distortion and no scaling to the original raw pixels generated from the existing graphics accelerator. "

I thought you were talking just a breakout box for a moblie chipset at first, but this is far cooler than that. The only downside, other than the dualhead2go costs $140+ and the triplehead2go I can't even find, is that you're limited to 85Hz max vertical refresh rate on the dual-head one, and 75Hz on the triple head, with 60Hz only on the really high res modes. Which makes sense, as you'd have to have a really high dot clock to drive that high a resolution screen.

Comment

Originally posted by adaminc
              You cant connect say 3 monitors to 1 videocard and have the OS think its 1 big monitor, with just a splitter cable.
              it will see them as two monitors. I have done this several times. Dont see any practical use for it though
              Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
              planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
              parts___[++++++----] around 60%
              install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

for us it would be sweet if we can have dual 800x600 resolution. im using it now, but i cant get it to work with my 7" and a 19" in dual 800x600
                08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

Any help!>>!??? Im looking through the forums on Matrox??

Comment

holy crap they are cool! I still like to be able to make a window max to one window though which you cant do with this.

Comment

I just contacted tech support and they said that absolutely the "DO NOT" support 800x600.
                      This sucks! I just bought this unit and its no good for me. Anyone want to buy it?? let me know!.

Comment

Working...
                      X