WRX screen not such a bolt in...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRX screen not such a bolt in...

So I got the WRX touchscreen and it doesn't fit the bezel. Its perfect width but like 3/8" too tall. If I'm gonna have to trim the bezel why not just save $200 and fit the 8" in it.

Also some little thing on the back needs to be soldered (sp?) on.

Jason
    70 Chevelle pro-touring project
    Twin turboed LS2/T56, C6 Z06 wheels/brakes, bagged, carputer, and other stuff

88 Saab 900 Turbo

05 Saab 92-X (WRX) - Carputer, JL 300/4 to stock mains (actually sound nice) and a JL 500/1 to a JL 10W7

what car are you trying to fit it in? (sorry had to ask, i'm looking at your signiture).

Comment

Doesn't fit in my Celica either. A strict double DIN opening is 4" tall, but the Mechatroniks aluminum bezel is apparently 4.275".

Comment

Its a 2005 Saab 92-X which is a Subaru WRX wagon. The radio is the same P/N as a WRX with 6 disc in dash. Also has the same bezel.

88 Saab 900 Turbo

05 Saab 92-X (WRX) - Carputer, JL 300/4 to stock mains (actually sound nice) and a JL 500/1 to a JL 10W7

Comment

Originally posted by 11secproject
          Its a 2005 Saab 92-X which is a Subaru WRX wagon.
          [could be remembering incorrectly]Didn't he have a note on his website (in the FAQ?) about the kit being for the coupe and not the wagon?[/could be remembering incorrectly]

Also it may be that something has changed between the 2005's and the model year that the kit is designed for.

Anyway, you should ping them directly. I found them great to work with when I got mine. Did you get yours from the store or directly from the guy that makes them?

-dave
          My pathetic worklog.
          CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

From the store...who makes them? I ended up returning it today and ordered a screen only that I will fab into place.

88 Saab 900 Turbo

Comment

Which LCD did you use. I have a LinITX screen which fitted perfectly, also the Lilliputs are the same dimmensions and also fit these chassis.

I will be uploading some shots in the next day or so to show how i fitted the LinITX to this particular chassis.

Hope this helps.

Steve
              System - Epia SP13000 for Main PC, Holux GR-213 USB GPS Receiver SiRF Star III, 2.4Ghz Uplink with VNC and Custom designed USB Intelligent SDC (In DEV). All fed to a Sony CDX-F7500 Headunit via USB. www.wrx-carpc.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by 11secproject
                From the store...who makes them? I ended up returning it today and ordered a screen only that I will fab into place.
                http://www.mechatroniks.com/wrx/index.html

-dave
                My pathetic worklog.
                CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                X