if you have a broke 7" Lilliput or re-brand Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you have a broke 7" Lilliput or re-brand Help

If you have a broke 7" lilliput 619 or re-brand with the Hitachi lcd sitting around then, help! I broke my ribbon cable to my LCD while doing a backlight upgrade so now I'm looking to replace it. so if you have one with a good lcd but something else is broken then I want to buy it from you. If anyone know where I can find one or if I could use a different lcd please post and let me know thanks in advance.

http://www.digitalww.com/RC003.htm
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

nm, out of stock....is it a new one or an old one?

http://www.digitalww.com/ribbon_cable_sameside.htm
      PC Components:
      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
      My work log

Comment

The ribbon cable I broke cant be replaced

Comment

here's a pic of it. some how it looks like it bent the wrong way and broke the contacts
          Attached Files

Comment

ARF!!

I have had the same problem when trying my backlight upgrade. You couldn't repair anything...Your screen is dead.

Sorry.
            New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
            Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
            Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

yup. dead LCD dude.

Comment

Its hard to see what broke on there but are you sure that there isnt a way to possibly remove the whole cable (even if it requires cutting it off) and soldering some small 30ga wire wrap type wire between the two edges? I know not everything is repairable, and some things arent worth the time.. but figured I'd throw the idea out there.. if its for sure fubar'd and your just going to trash it let me know, i'd like to look at it.. I have no use for it, but diving into "nearly impossible repairs" is fun.. I love the smell of flux..

.... just dont let the magic smoke out and you'll be fine
                Sell me your stuff.. please see what i'm looking to buy
                http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75182

Comment

Comment

yooo dudeee ive got 2 of those 7 inch lilliput LCD panels but i dont got the small controler board on the back i think u can do a straight swap theres 2 clips on the board i u want em shoot me a pm they are useless to me ill let em off for cheep

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                      yooo dudeee ive got 2 of those 7 inch lilliput LCD panels but i dont got the small controler board on the back i think u can do a straight swap theres 2 clips on the board i u want em shoot me a pm they are useless to me ill let em off for cheep
                      I am interrested in the second one.

Are these LCD OK or the flet flexible cable is broken too?
                      New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                      Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                      Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

Working...
                      X