Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Molex powering LCD using cigarette lighter cabling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molex powering LCD using cigarette lighter cabling?

Hey guys.

Im gonna power my lcd (LinITX 7" touchscreen from my psu.

Ive read i can use a molex adn so it shall be.however im concerned about the thickness of the wire inside the cigarette lighter that i have to use to connect to the molex wires.

as you can see below, or mite not, sorry bout low quality, the molex cables are a lot more thick than the wires inside the cigarette lighter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iRoNiC010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2297019

Is this safe?Should i use those cables and connect them to the thicker molex wires?

btw i checked the cables from the the ac converter taht came with the lcd and they are a lot thicker too.am i better off using these instead of the cigarette lighter??

thanks guys
    MSI KM4M-V Mobo -- AMD Athlon XP-M 1900+ -- 512MB DDR RAM -- LinITX 7" Touchscreen -- Seagate 8.4GB HDD -- LG DVDRW -- Onboard Graphics Card -- Onboard 5.1 surround sound -- Bluetooth Dongle -- RoyalTek Saphire GPS -- M2-ATX psu

I think the wire size it came with (stock) is sufficient. I don't like them just because they are fragile and it is hard to get a good connection between large wires and small wires. That is why I soldered those two together.
    My Work Thread:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72552
    Source switcher for Lill
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...d=1#post841007

Comment

It's fine. The LCD only take an amp or 2.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Yeah, the 7" Lilliput only pulls .75 amp (9w/12v), so I can't imagine the LinITX screen draws much more. That wire should be fine. How far are you going with it? Much more than 6 feet and you might want to consider making it a larger gauge.
        My Worklog

Comment

Working...
        X