No announcement yet.

Grrr I keep blowing fuses any thoughts?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrr I keep blowing fuses any thoughts?

I tore half the car apart, will do the rest next weekend. First thing is the carputer was running fine until about a month ago then the lilliput went dark. Armen (Digital World Wide) fixed the fuse problem.

Re install it, fuse blew again.

Now I have a fuse right at the lilli and a fuse about 3 feet away from the lilli. They both blew.

Fuses are 1 amp at the lilli and 1.5 amps along the way.

1. I hope it is not the lilli causing this, that would suck. The first fuse is a good 3 feet from the display so I am thinking, short, bad ground but can't find the damn thing.

Do you agree? or is it possibly the lilli?

I suck with testers, what is a good way to test the wires. I have been running the tester open cirucut vs close is this ok? Or would voltage or amperage or ohms be better what should I look for when testing.
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage

disconnect the power wire(s) from th elilli and test for continuity between the + and -. set the meter to Ohms for this. if you show continuity, you have a short.
    Also, just for ****s a giggles, did the + and - get crossed somewhere? reverse polarity will pop those fuses in a second every time.