No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touchscreen?

I'm looking for a touchscreen that has software so i could directly connect a hard drive to it. Therefore, i dont really want to do an actual computer. I've been looking everyone and couldnt find such a touchscreen...could any of you help me? Thankyou in advance i appreciate ur time and effort.

Well the RCA Lyra A/V portable thingy has a hard drive and a 4" touchscreen. You could use as a standalone and mold into dash. Touchscreens use a USB interface and then software to interpret the touches. So you would need something to interpret the touches and a hard drive won't do that. If you don't want a computer, then maybe a all in one unit like the Avic-n2 or something like the double din 6.5" units off eBay. The just wont store stuff on a harddrive. Actually I think the newer avic units have a smallish hard drive in them for GPS maps, and maybe some firmware hacks could store software. Try searching for that I guess. Just guessing about the firmware hack. Anything out there has to be hacked sometime right!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the Store

And quit crossposting, n00b!
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

stupidass n00b
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log