So.. How fast will this get stolen??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.. How fast will this get stolen??

Any ideas on how to hide it? i can put the screen behind the brown fake wooden plastic.. but idk.. it looks better if its out in front.. ?!?
    1-2 Months
    6.67%
    Year or so..
    46.67%
    As soon as I start to LOVE IT!
    46.67%

Dude, I stole your screen 10 minutes ago. Sorry.

Im currently making a dummy panel for mine. Old radio face on ABS, cut to fit into the opening perfectly. Slap on the cheap-o stereo face when you're parked.
    MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
    Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

arg it just sticks out to much.. i dont think i can hide it AT ALL if i mount it like that.. unless i put some.. notpade in front.. but .. come on.. who would fall for that? when they see my CD player in the cubby hole..

Comment

don't worry, my screen is velcro'd in until i finish fabbing my dash

Comment

it all depends. where do you live?

Comment

er.. im so not telling you! LMAO.. well next year ill be parking on my college campus.. u know its gana get jacked then.. or anytime i go to some big event.. right? Anyone know how to make it roll out and flip up manually? get drawer tracks or something?

Comment

Cheap and easy: throw a shirt over it.

or..get some tint and a sun screen for the front dash. It'll be pretty dark in your car so it would be hard to see.

Comment

If you're parking on campus (especially in one of those far off commuter lots late at night), I would way to make it removeable. Take it off, get a small case for it, and toss it in your console or even backpack. Best deterrant for thieves is a gaping hole in your dash where your radio should be....
                MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
                Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

haha wow couldn't of said it better ^^ I think im going to do that!

Comment

Working...
                  X