Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy Motorized In-dash Project Housing For 7" LCD other than Digitalww?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Motorized In-dash Project Housing For 7" LCD other than Digitalww?

Dear all

Digitalww.com has been out of stock on this for the longest time.
    anyone know another source?
    CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

I actually bought one of the units from digitalww about 2 months ago. I would drop Armen an email (or 2 or 3, he can be hard to get a hold of). He is actually the one that makes the INH002. You could atleast find out whats up.

Their are several threads on the board concerning this unit but briefly let me fill you in on my thoughts. In short I love it. Their are things about it which make the unit look rought when compared to others and especially better known pop out headunits such as kenwood or pioneer (keep in mind, these wont do half out what this unit is capable of) Now my screen DID have a dead spot when I received it, but the great thing about Armen is that he takes VERY good care of his customers. Simply told me to ship it back and replaced the screen for free. He also gave me the option of installing it himself (which set me back $50) but IMHO I can't see doing it any other way. I've heard many horror stories about people frying their screens during an install and while I consider myself to be very skilled with installations, I decided this would rule out any liability issues when it came to something not working (ie. It couldn't have been my fault, I didn't install it)

Again give him an email and see whats up. Great company, great guy, and I highly recommend that you opt for the installation option.

Comment

dont know about that exact one.. but the mp3car store has a few different ones to chose from.
      I wish i knew how to do fiberglass work...

Comment

Originally posted by theheel
        dont know about that exact one.. but the mp3car store has a few different ones to chose from.
        No, the mp3car store does not carry project housings for screens.
        They carry complete in-dash flip-out screens.

I don't believe there are any other distributors of those project housings.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

to my knowledge, Digitalww is the only company that makes such a housing.

Comment

thanks guys.
            armen is quite hard to get hold off, but we all know that. sent him a note a while back. guess he is too busy.
            CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

if its been a while, try sending another. I promise he will get back eventually

Comment

Working...
              X