No announcement yet.

Transflective Upgrade available who wants it?

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transflective Upgrade available who wants it?

This thread is to basically guage interest in a group buy for the transflective upgrade to make our monitors sunlight readable please refer to this thread starting on page 5 with nmbenson post for more information about the upgrade.

I have a 7" Lilliput and these are the prices he quoted for particular monitor upgrade

transflective - $245.95
    touchscreen - $156.00
    = $401.95

I'm interested in getting this done so question #1 is how many people are in with me?
    #2 how much of a discount do we get with a group buy and how many people do we need for this so it can get started

Because I understand that everyone here is very sensitive to the price and this is a very high tech solution, I will quote out according to our last fiscal year's pricing. Please goto:, this is our old page with pricing we can do for The price break we can offer is dependent upon order size. Please remember we are used to doing orders in the hundreds. So I am guessing there could be a price break at 10+ units modified.

Count me as number 1
      I'm tired of not being able to see my screen in the day time.

Do we have anyone with any experience with this kit yet? Is it confirmed that the trioLCD transflective enhancements definitely make the Lilliputs/Xenarcs daylight readable?

It definitely sounds promising. Direct Link to the crucial information about this upgrade:
        2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, OBP/Silver
        Carputer currently in development stage.

I had my screen "tranfectivized" by FPD a while back, and can vouch for their service. I used a NEC panel (which they recommended at the time as being most receptive to their process) so I don't know how well it works on the lilliput/xenarc (which, as I understand it, may use various makes of panels anyway, so even I had used one it may not be indicative of what you'd see.)

$400 is too much for me. At $200, count me in.
            2000 Acura Integra Type-R
            Progress = 99% ---> Check it out:

I'm interested. Toshiba 8.4" LTM08C351 panel.

As others have pointed out, I don't know why people are balking at the price, when they're spending 2-3 times that on the computer and accessories...

I'm interested in it for an 8" panel, brand as of yet undetermined.

In another post you mentioned a RANGE of prices on the touchscreen upgrade, suggesting an even better touchscreen in the $200 range (vs. the $156 quoted above). What's the info on this?

i think you'd have alot more interest if someone would get teh finished product and prove its worth the hassle
         Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Is the price for the touchscreen include a new controler? So I can send in a non touchscreen Xenarc and have it come back a touchsceen version with transflective?
                    2007 Tahoe
                    Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

My Install

I already asked that, in the technical thread, the answer is yes

What would also be cool, is if FPD recommended a car sized non-touchscreen (7-8") that works well with their process (sounds like NEC is good) for those that have yet to buy a screen. Thus one could look at the overall purchase of a carpc touchscreen as comprising:

FPD recommended screen: $???
                        transflective upgrade: $245.95
                        touchscreen: $156.00
                        = $??? Total
                        2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, OBP/Silver
                        Carputer currently in development stage.

We reeccomend NEC, Mitsubishi, and Toshiba for just about any application for the best overall quality. Stay away from AUO. The brandnames like Lilliput etc. mean nothing to me, please refer to earlier posting about this. It all depends upon the manufacturer of the LCD. If you are going to make a custom bezel, or mount in dash I suggest going to Jaco electronics, Bell Micro, or some other authorized manufacturer dealer of lcds. Once again, make sure when you buy one that it comes with the controller board, inverter and power supply. You should expect to pay (for open frame lcd) between $220 - $320 depending upon size, resolution, temp limits etc. So for a 7" lcd you should get a pricing of around:
                          LCD $269
                          Touchscreen $156
                          Transflective $245
                          $670 + or - $35

This is just an estimation, of cost, I make no claims to its accuracy.

6.4" - NEC & LG (Whatever is current production)
                            7.0" - Primeview (current production) (stay away from AUO)
                            8.4" - NEC & Toshiba

Grayvader asked about LTM08C351 lcd, that one we have modified before it turned out well.