LCD looks like liquid is inside?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD looks like liquid is inside?

I plugged in the LCD I used to have in a dodge ram and it looks weird. Nothing was ever spilled on it or anything and it works fine... but looks weird! Anyone ever seen this?

Project 1: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ 15" LCD (finished)
    Project 2: 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse w/ 8" LCD (finished)
    Project 3: 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP w/ 8" LCD (finished)
    Project 4: Dodge Ram Repair

Looks like the screen is seperating from the plastic "shield". Older LCD's have a semi-rigid front cover...i believe most can be replaced. Not sure why it looks like liquid though...maybe humidity? from cold frosty mornings?

Comment

wow, definitely messed up... could be all sorts of things I suppose

Comment

FIXED IT!

I literally took the ENTIRE thing apart. There WAS some sort of yellowish grease inside the backlighting part of it. Between the honeycomb plastic piece and a white plastic on the very back of the monitor. I wiped it all away then put it back together.

The LCD has been sitting on top of the CRT I have connected through the pass through of my TV projector. I rarely have the CRT on but my guess is that the little I had it on was enough to dry up some of the yellow grease that was inside it. I'm assuming that the grease was part of the diffusing mechanism. The good part is that it is a bit brighter now

Project 1: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ 15" LCD (finished)
        Project 2: 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse w/ 8" LCD (finished)
        Project 3: 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP w/ 8" LCD (finished)
        Project 4: Dodge Ram Repair

Comment

I've only seen this happen once before and I too saved a picture of it. It was a very strange phenomenon.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha Lol!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X