Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS cursor going wackey? Check this dumb solution first...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS cursor going wackey? Check this dumb solution first...

Thought i'd share this stupid but somewhat valuable piece of information I figured out last night...

I build my carputer system, lcd w/ts, bu-353 gps w/ iguidance, road runner, wifi, - whole 9 yards - in the house over the last month, tested it, everything worked good. Took apart the "Super" ebay ts lcd I bought, painted it, reassembled, removed dash trim from my car, mounted it, looked great, tested again, all good... I installed the dash trim w/lcd in the car - looked awesome, but nothing hooked up to it at the moment.

very busy at work, project on hold...

fast forward 2 weeks

I finally get a change to test out the pc in the car connected to the lcd.

Fisrt time plugging in the lcd / TS to give it a test run, the TS was acting all wacky, wouldn't calibrate, would be stuck in one corner area of the screen.

Wrestled with drivers, calibration, other junk for a while, I thought the dash was putting pressure on the screen... almost took the whole thing out again to test in the house...

Did some research, & read that the bezel of the screen might put pressure on the TS after a few years of dust and junk buildup, I took a look at that, nothing, looked clean.

Then I figured I'd remove the protective plastic that was still on the screen from the factory, and viola! problem gone.

Moral of the story: If your cursor is going wacky, make sure the protective plastic is removed from the screen before you spend 2 hrs *****ing with drivers software, cable connections, etc.
    the end

A 2nd moral of the story could be... "If you're too dumb to notice the film on the TS even after TWO hours of staring at it, then maybe you shouldn't be messing with things you don't understand"...
    Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
    Built in head unit
    Brutus 1500Watt Amp
    Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

Owned!!

Comment

wow

perhaps i didn't know it would **** it up...?

douchebag

Comment

im sorry.... but.... its a touch screen.... maybe something touching it would cause problems?
          [::::::::::] 100% - Planning
          [::::::::::] 80% - Computer
          [::::::::::] 0% - Fabbing
          CarPC:
          SP13000 / 120GB SATA 2.5" / 512MB DDR
          8" Innovatek TS / Globalsat BU-353 / Engenius EUB-362 EXT
          Slot load DVDRW / PS3 Wireless Keyboard

Comment

a clear thin protective piece of plastic?

if anything it could have been left on there to keep fingerprints and scratches off of it

it worked find for 2 weeks before I took it apart

you people need to relax

Comment

I was actually joking, but if your feelings are that touchy I apologise.

Comment

It's for shipping purposes... DOH.
                Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
                Built in head unit
                Brutus 1500Watt Amp
                Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

i kept my protective material on mine for several weeks during install to not scratch the screen. it worked fine through all of that. xenarc 700tvs.
                  1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
                  Pictures
                  Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

yea but if something is going whacky, start with eliminating anything that could be touching the screen. ie... dort, plastic covers, a cheeto crumb (damn kids..)

Comment

You guys are assholes... dumb assholes. The protective film should NOT NORMALLY interfere with operation. The resistive touchpanel does NOT work by touch but technically by pressure, and under normal conditions the protective film does not apply pressure.

Comment

aw, im an *******? wow. my feelings are hurt. maybe I will cry...

I was simply basing my words on something called experiance. granted I agree with you it should not NORMALLY interfere, but if something is acting up, start eliminating things that could cause problems. If you read my last post, those are all thing that I have had issues with in the past messing with my touch screens. like the origonal poster ststed, he had a build up of dirt in the corners applying a small ammount of pressure that was affecting it, I have had that as well as the plastic screen messing with mine. so how am I a dumb *******? find out what you are talking about, and read peopls posts before you try to act like the Queen ***** and talk ****.

still have issues? take it to a PM. this really has no place here.

Comment

I don't know what to say, dude. No. I certainly wasn't talking to you.

Comment

my bad then. ignore my rant.

mike s.

Comment

Working...
                            X